Are you for increased government involvment...?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
chess9

<< You're right. I don't think gun control will work unless it is draconian. >>

Once again just make sure you sign up to help collect the guns from the felons if it would ever come to that. After all I'm sure they'll all be lining up in droves to turn in their illegal weapons.

<< the American public is ready for more regulation. >>

That's a matter of opinion.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Max:

&quot;education, self-discipline, responsibility&quot;. You said it brother. That is exactly why I've done a 180 on this issue. Too many dumb, sloppy gun owners. I really don't know what the solution is for America, but unless we turn those numbers for children around, how could any reasonable person support the agenda of the gun lobby?

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Regarding increasing government size...yes both of the big two parties are for it though Reps. attempt to fool you into thinking they're for less spending. Nope, just different spending. All the more reason to vote for independents and third-party folk who will use common sense to combat the idiotic policies that prevail today.

You never, ever hear a democrat talk about cutting programs. Even if 10,000 independent studies conclude a democratic program has achieved no result, they'll still fight to keep it. Same with Rep. corporate welfare programs. It's stupid and wasteful.

Briefly on guns: chees9 you've got it all wrong I'm afraid. Talk to me about taking away my firearm after you: start enforcing the thousands of laws already in the books, begin a campaign to educate young people about crime and drugs, put in place a government citizens can once again trust, and rewrite the constitution and amendments to remove our right to own and use firearms.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Chess9: Why is a Supreme Court opinion necessary when it is clearly laid out in the Bill of Rights?

Let me ask you this: Do you believe in the right to privacy? If so, please find the exact part of the Constitution or the Amendments which guarantees that right? Hint: You won't find one. Therefore, if you believe in the right to privacy, which is NOT spelled out in the Constitution, and are against something that IS spelled out clearly in the Constitution, you have a difficult explanation ahead of you.

Or, are you in favor of a police state?

:D