Are you consider lucky if you are the only child?

Edgewardb

Jul 17, 2007
I was wondering if you were to be consider lucky if you are the only child? I mean it seem highly possible that God wants you to do something. I just can't feel tingly all around.

Well as the only child, you get more attention and you don't need to share computers are anything else.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If you are an only child it means either 1.) your parents didn't want any more kids, or 2.) your parents couldn't have any more kids.

That's really all there is too it.

if it's 1,) then you might be to blame ... hehehehe

Edgewardb

Jul 17, 2007
Wait parents could have kids at their free will? WTF?

Propaly 1: My mom once said, she rather raise dog than me. ( I really pissed her off)

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I don't know about lucky, but first borns usually develop a stronger sense of loyalty than siblings.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Originally posted by: neutralizer
I think I missed out having fun with a sibling as an only child.

I rarely had fun with my sibling (different genders).

But at least there's someone there to share experiences with.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I can't say what it would be like to have siblings, because I'm an only child myself. I think it's pretty sweet.

Edgewardb

Jul 17, 2007
Well, your parents could have no problem to support you through you life. COllege,school etcs

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Edgewardb
Well, your parents could have no problem to support you through you life. COllege,school etcs

Uh yeah. I don't know think my parents would have a problem supporting another sibling through college, school, etc. It's just they never had another so I feel kinda left out esp when a lot of my friends do have siblings.

Feb 19, 2001

Uh yeah. I don't know think my parents would have a problem supporting another sibling through college, school, etc. It's just they never had another so I feel kinda left out esp when a lot of my friends do have siblings.

I think life would be harder with another kid around the house. Financially we could make it easily still, but of course I don't think I would be getting that much support from my folks.

That said I do wish I wasn't an only child though.

During HS I always wanted a sister... an older sister who would bring her hot friends home. Hell I wouldn't mind that now either.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm an only child. There are certain psychological things that come along with this and most of them are negative.

I'd say being an only child is a hinderance instead of lucky.

PROS:
No trouble being alone
Tons of confidence (almost to a detriment)

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DLeRium

I think life would be harder with another kid around the house. Financially we could make it easily still, but of course I don't think I would be getting that much support from my folks.

That said I do wish I wasn't an only child though.

During HS I always wanted a sister... an older sister who would bring her hot friends home. Hell I wouldn't mind that now either.

That's a pretty good plus :D

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I have a 3 year old brother and can't image not.

I really do consider him a friend also.