Are women who have abortions unfit to be a parent?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Ex-husband is using abortion against ex-wife in custody battle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ost-custody-children-abortion-speaks-out.html

A mother-of-two who lost custody of her children because she had an abortion after she was divorced said the process has made her feel like she was 'beaten and raped'.

If a woman is willing to kill a child inside her womb, what is protecting children outside her womb?

In my opinion she committed murder and should be held accountable.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Lisa now only sees her children on Mondays and alternate weekends. 'It just breaks my heart. They're so confused,' she said.

Sounds like she is getting treated the same as millions of men.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I say it's total BS that he could gain access to her medical records and then use an abortion against her. He should not have the right to gain access to her records nor is it any of his business whether she had an abortion after they were divorced.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
I say it's total BS that he could gain access to her medical records and then use an abortion against her. He should not have the right to gain access to her records nor is it any of his business whether she had an abortion after they were divorced.

This. I thought republicans were all about privacy??

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Feb 6, 2007
Statistically speaking, children are vastly safer living in a home with someone who has had an abortion than someone who owns a firearm. I assume you're in favor of preventing gun-owners from gaining custody of children because of their choice to use their Constitutional rights, yes? Otherwise, you're being the worst kind of hypocrite. But that's pretty much par for the course for you. Pick a pet cause, get outraged and spew nonsense that ignores all logic for a narrow emotional appeal that doesn't pass the sniff test. Why would a woman who has had an abortion be a threat to a living child? What a stupid thing to say.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
I would argue that women who don't have abortions are unfit parents. Search youtube for "poverty in America" and see if you can notice a common theme.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
The common theme would be having children they can't afford.

Which goes back to laziness.

To lazy to learn a trade skill or get an education.

To lazy to use some form of birth control.

Poverty does not happen by accident, nor does getting pregnant. Some kind of action, or inaction, promotes both.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002

So what you're saying is that lazy, irresponsible, uneducated people don't have abortions. Educated, motivated, and responsible people tend to have more abortions.

So you're saying that uneducated, lazy, and irresponsible women make better parents?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I say it's total BS that he could gain access to her medical records and then use an abortion against her. He should not have the right to gain access to her records

So do you feel the same way about a man's financial records? :hmm:

nor is it any of his business whether she had an abortion after they were divorced.

It goes to showing she is a hypocrite.

After subpoenaing Mrs Mehos' medical records to show that she indeed had an abortion, Ms Alter used the procedure to suggest she was a hypocrite for asking to have custody of her two children over Easter.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
educated, motivated, and responsible people tend to

make money, have goals, work to achieve those goals and not live in poverty.

Even if you took the number of children out of the equation, the person would still be working a low paying job.

Take a look at the duggers. What do they have like 19 kids? They do not live in poverty.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Poverty does not happen by accident, nor does getting pregnant. Some kind of action, or inaction, promotes both.
Too lazy to use the second o.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I would say they would be better parents waiting until they financially ready or not popping kids out over and over just for a check from the government.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I think the important factor is this is texas it looks like so what did you expect from that state even when the husbands beats his wife:

Earlier this year, Mr Mehos was arrested for battering his wife, charges that were later dropped due to insufficient evidence after he claimed her black eye was from a Botox injection, not physical violence - a claim Mrs Mehos called 'ridiculous'.