Are we looking at a pivotal turning point in the race for the White House?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Listen to Romney's leadership, that was pure ownage. And now as more embassy's are attacked because of obama appologizing for America and how we deserved to be attacked it will only make him look worse.

Repeating Carter is exactly what he's doing, hammer him on it daily Romney.

I wonder if you realize that 12 US diplomatic facilities were attacked during Bush's tenure (along with the twin towers crashing down, the costly wars in blood in treasure, etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_attacks_on_U.S._diplomatic_facilities

The other poster was right, i'd love to live in your fantasy world some day. But just for a day, i don't think i could take so much insanity.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
What I hear is "I can't put my money where my mouth is". There is little hurt to you on a forum if you lose. No real personal risk.

I'm countering with 1000 buck straight bet. That may be a big risk for you being a podunk lawyer, for me it's not. Your terms are a position of weakness.

I will take you up on this bet right now. Tell me how to set this up. What escrow service do you want to use, or shall we settle on a gentleman's agreement that both sides will agree to pay if they lose?

$1000 I am betting you Obama will win reelection. You game?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So, more and more attacks on our embassies because of obama's failed foreign policy?

Yeah, I'd say this is a turning point. He's done.

Obama's arab spring chickens...
are coming home to ROOST!

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
What we are seeing is the ghoulish Republican propensity to attempt to capitalize politically on any misfortune that befalls a Democrat in office.

Romney is a shameless tool.

..so why isn't your obama ahead 20 points or more in the poles?? Even before this event it was nearly neck and neck. Why haven't your obama's willing accomplices been more effective??

Last edited:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'll add my name to this - same conditions - now if any Spidey supporters wish to back him up then we've got a game going....

Bring it....

I'll add myself to the list with same ground rules that DVC laid out. Any takers? I'm guessing there won't be.

Oct 30, 2004
In related news Ryan declares unemployment, a bad economy, high gas prices, public worker strikes, Democrat political corruption and a president that golfs and fund raises while his country fails is also good news for Obama's re-election.

Why shouldn't the President golf when his economic plans are blocked and stymied by an opposition that would happily sacrifice the best interest of the nation to win the next election? If memory serves, didn't the last Republican president (a guy named Bush for those who forgot) take an unusually large amount of vacations?

One of the problems with Paul Ryan being taken seriously is that he's a religious wacko--aka Christian Taliban--and most member of the public suspect that his goal is for the top 1% to own 99% of the wealth while the bottom 99% labors as slaves while being under the delusion that they live in a "meritocracy".

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2004
Why does it matter anymore?
Obama is a piece of shit whos number one goal is to destroy the middle and upper classes by making it easier and more socially acceptable to be poor and on government resources.

Why do you think that that doesn't describe the Republicans to a T? The Republicans are in favor of the top 5% of the population keeping almost all of the wealth that is produced by the labor of the bottom 95%. Hence, they favor lower taxes for the top 5%.

The Republicans also oppose the lower 95% being able to have affordable healthcare, which is why they oppose real socialized medicine which has proven to be far more efficient, less expensive, and far superior to our current system in every other industrialized nation in the world. The Republicans seem to believe that it's better to have a couple wealthy health insurance and hospital CEOs than it is for the masses to have healthcare.

For example, the U.S. spends about 17% of it's GDP on health care while having tens of millions of uninsured and under-insured citizens, hundreds of thousands of medical bankruptcies every year, a terrified populace, and businesses burdened by health benefits concerns. The U.S. also has private health insurance company death panels where employees receive commissions for finding a way to cancel people's insurance coverage when they get sick.

In contrast, other nations spend far far less of their GDP on health care (think 12% and under), have 100% coverage, zero medical bankruptcies, a more contented populace, and businesses that aren't burdened by health insurance issues.

So what do the Republicans advocate? They continue to advocate the plan that costs more and that allows a small percentage of the populace to be rich while sticking it to the bottom 95%.

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Why shouldn't the President golf when his economic plans are blocked and stymied by an opposition that would happily sacrifice the best interest of the nation to win the next election? If memory serves, didn't the last Republican president (a guy named Bush for those who forgot) take an unusually large amount of vacations?

One of the problems with Paul Ryan being taken seriously is that he's a religious wacko--aka Christian Taliban--and most member of the public suspect that his goal is for the top 1% to own 99% of the wealth while the bottom 99% labors as slaves while being under the delusion that they live in a "meritocracy".

Another religious bigot outs himself.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
So, more and more attacks on our embassies because of obama's failed foreign policy?

Yeah, I'd say this is a turning point. He's done.

Obama's arab spring chickens...
are coming home to ROOST!

Man up little girl. Put your money where your mouth is.

$1000 straight money line. Obama wins reelection.

Oct 30, 2004
Another religious bigot outs himself.

How exactly is being a "bigot" with regards to people's overt, chosen political ideology the same as having racial bigotry? Your religion and philosophy is YOUR choice. If you oppose someone who has chosen to believe strongly in a religion and who wants to impose it on other people, it's not "bigotry" in the same way that being a racist is bigotry.

Your line of thinking could also be used to argue that anyone who opposed Nazi Germany was "bigoted" against the Nazis.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
How exactly is being a "bigot" with regards to people's overt, chosen political ideology the same as having racial bigotry? Your religion and philosophy is YOUR choice. If you oppose someone who has chosen to believe strongly in a religion and who wants to impose it on other people, it's not "bigotry" in the same way that being a racist is bigotry.

Your line of thinking could also be used to argue that anyone who opposed Nazi Germany was "bigoted" against the Nazis.

rationalization for $200 Alex! Don't bring up nazis.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Man up little girl. Put your money where your mouth is.

$1000 straight money line. Obama wins reelection.

Watch out; hatey07 will likely take your bet (while drunk) then welch later.

He's just as bad as cyber was on the Santorum bet.

stlc8tr

Golden Member
Jan 5, 2011
I bet with money fucker. You bet with terms of no real consquence other than posting on a forum.

I will take you up on this bet right now. Tell me how to set this up. What escrow service do you want to use, or shall we settle on a gentleman's agreement that both sides will agree to pay if they lose?

$1000 I am betting you Obama will win reelection. You game?

Whatever happened to this?

No one from the Romney camp willing to bet that Obama will be defeated?

Last edited: