Are we just Bush shell shocked???

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Watching Mr Colin Powell give thumbs up to Obama, but adding his kind remarks in regards to Mccain, got me thinking (not a good thing...for sure).

Are we all suffering from over blown BUSH shell shock?
That is, are we "unrealistically fearful", after having lived through such a retarded stupid idiot president as GW Bush for 8 years?
Mccain or Obama, I believe THIS time we have a choice in two smart engaged educated thinking candidates. No one can call Obama stupid or less than a smart guy. The same with Mccain. These two have been in congress. They know what it takes to get the machinery to work, and what will not work.

For once I feel we do need a Senator or highly engaged politician as our next leader.
ENOUGH with the "outsider" governors, mayors or peanut farmers.
NO MORE JOE PLUMBERS for office!!!
We need real "thinkers" that know how to play the game, like it or not.

With Mccain, as with Obama, we will elect and get a smart thinking president on November 4th.
I support Obama, but unlike the 2004 re election of GW nutcase, this time whomever wins on November 4th, there will be no need to threaten moving to Canada.
For once, both candidates know the issues and see the pain.
Both candidates are on the same page, they just see the book a little differently.

Both will have to raise taxes at some point, some way. No free lunch.
Both will probably have little control in saving future failing banks and markets.
Both will have to perform with real reform.
Both will be watched closely by the people, and have to answer to the same. And care!
Both I believe WILL end the war, and end it right.
Neither of the candidates wear "cowboy hats", on their heads or on their ass, thank God!

GW Bush lowered the standards so drastically, and people have been so outraged, shocked and dumb-ed down during the last 8 years, that just maybe we have forgotten there is a ?normal? in political standards.
A thinking standard.
We WILL return to sane after 8 years of insane, no matter who wins.
Maybe we all suffer from way to much shell shock. Insane shell shocked!
Maybe the outrage, hate and panic we are caught up with is simply unfounded in this election. Not necessary. Pointless.

Bush will be ?out of here? come January 2009, and I doubt we bother looking back.
Like one of those things you just want to forever forget, like your first really bad date.

No matter who wins November 4th, I think we will do just fine over the next 4 years.

Finally, we can begin to recover and begin to heal.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: sportage
No matter who wins November 4th, I think we will do just fine over the next 4 years.
As long as McCain stays healthy but if something were to happen to him we'd have that Wacko from Alaska as President and that's not acceptable. IMO McCain proved that he'd be willing to fuck over America just to get elected by picking Palin as his VP.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I would say yes it's substantially overblown, but then we look at somebody like Palin and we realize that, no, it's not hyperbole. McCain, though likely to be a MUCH better president than Bush, could very well put us in at least as bad a spot if he had a health issue. When you have Palin on the back burner, it's hard to exaggerate how critical it is that Obama win.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Yes, I would prefer that Obama would have more experience. Sadly, McCain, in too many areas, has the wrong experience. And yes, a Pain a heartbeat away from the Presidency scares the hell out of me.

But no one is ever prepared to be President, and that is where a quality staff comes in. And that quality staff should have a wide variety of viewpoints and a overall leader who tolerates dissenting views.
And at the end of the day, its the judgment of the President that is the issue, because the President has to choose the best overall option.

If nothing else, that is the failure of GWB&co, a far too monochromatic staff and too much central control. And worse yet, zero tolerance of dissenting views. As we can see, GWB&co has been a disaster for this nation, and has left a deeply divided nation even more deeply divided.

Obama may be running before he is really ready, but, in MHO, he is a deeper thinker and can put together the far better staff. But still, the times demanded it and time waits for no one.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Yes, I would prefer that Obama would have more experience. Sadly, McCain, in too many areas, has the wrong experience. And yes, a Pain a heartbeat away from the Presidency scares the hell out of me.

But no one is ever prepared to be President, and that is where a quality staff comes in. And that quality staff should have a wide variety of viewpoints and a overall leader who tolerates dissenting views.
And at the end of the day, its the judgment of the President that is the issue, because the President has to choose the best overall option.

If nothing else, that is the failure of GWB&co, a far too monochromatic staff and too much central control. And worse yet, zero tolerance of dissenting views. As we can see, GWB&co has been a disaster for this nation, and has left a deeply divided nation even more deeply divided.

Obama may be running before he is really ready, but, in MHO, he is a deeper thinker and can put together the far better staff. But still, the times demanded it and time waits for no one.

Great post! Completely agree on all counts so I'll just say x2.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: glugglug
No one can call Obama stupid or less than a smart guy. The same with McCain.
You must not be talking about the McCain that is running for office.

McCain did graduate near the bottom of his class, right ?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Watching Mr Colin Powell give thumbs up to Obama, but adding his kind remarks in regards to Mccain, got me thinking (not a good thing...for sure).

Are we all suffering from over blown BUSH shell shock?
That is, are we "unrealistically fearful", after having lived through such a retarded stupid idiot president as GW Bush for 8 years?
Mccain or Obama, I believe THIS time we have a choice in two smart engaged educated thinking candidates. No one can call Obama stupid or less than a smart guy. The same with Mccain. These two have been in congress. They know what it takes to get the machinery to work, and what will not work.

For once I feel we do need a Senator or highly engaged politician as our next leader.
ENOUGH with the "outsider" governors, mayors or peanut farmers.
NO MORE JOE PLUMBERS for office!!!
We need real "thinkers" that know how to play the game, like it or not.

With Mccain, as with Obama, we will elect and get a smart thinking president on November 4th.
I support Obama, but unlike the 2004 re election of GW nutcase, this time whomever wins on November 4th, there will be no need to threaten moving to Canada.
For once, both candidates know the issues and see the pain.
Both candidates are on the same page, they just see the book a little differently.

Both will have to raise taxes at some point, some way. No free lunch.
Both will probably have little control in saving future failing banks and markets.
Both will have to perform with real reform.
Both will be watched closely by the people, and have to answer to the same. And care!
Both I believe WILL end the war, and end it right.
Neither of the candidates wear "cowboy hats", on their heads or on their ass, thank God!

GW Bush lowered the standards so drastically, and people have been so outraged, shocked and dumb-ed down during the last 8 years, that just maybe we have forgotten there is a ?normal? in political standards.
A thinking standard.
We WILL return to sane after 8 years of insane, no matter who wins.
Maybe we all suffer from way to much shell shock. Insane shell shocked!
Maybe the outrage, hate and panic we are caught up with is simply unfounded in this election. Not necessary. Pointless.

Bush will be ?out of here? come January 2009, and I doubt we bother looking back.
Like one of those things you just want to forever forget, like your first really bad date.

Finally, we can begin to recover and begin to heal.

I'm a McCain supporter, and I mostly agree with you on this, except on Bush being a stupid idiot.

I think we and everyone else are making far too big a deal out of this. We've gotten our egos involved, and I think we're all keeping score so that, whatever the outcome of the election, we can go to the opposition and viciously rub it in their face, as if this is a football game. I think this isn't about Obama or McCain. It's about me or anyone else wanting to be right and the opposition to be wrong, and forcibly humbled in the face of their wrong choice.

We've become too childish. I can stomach Obama, as he doesn't strike me as unintelligent or dishonest. I don't dislike him as much as I disliked Kerry.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Atreus21
I'm a McCain supporter, and I mostly agree with you on this, except on Bush being a stupid idiot.

I think we and everyone else are making far too big a deal out of this. We've gotten our egos involved, and I think we're all keeping score so that, whatever the outcome of the election, we can go to the opposition and viciously rub it in their face, as if this is a football game. I think this isn't about Obama or McCain. It's about me or anyone else wanting to be right and the opposition to be wrong, and forcibly humbled in the face of their wrong choice.

We've become too childish. I can stomach Obama, as he doesn't strike me as unintelligent or dishonest. I don't dislike him as much as I disliked Kerry.
Agree with you here. And I can tolerate Obama much more than I ever liked Kerry who was an aloof pr*ck. There used to be a time when politicians on both sides of the isle went into office never expecting to get everything they want. In the last 12 years or so, there has been a "winner take all" and "to the victor go the spoils" mentality among politicians that has led to deep polarization among the electorate. Maybe it's a function of our culture changing, I'm not sure, but we've got to get back to a place where give and take is the norm again. This is why I advocate divided govt as the short term answer, and why I'm voting McCain.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Bush voters that are voting for McSame, please look at yourselves. Your lack of judgment and upside down intuitive lack of perceptions have ruined the nation. Please stop having opinions or vote the opposite of whatever they are. Stop being the cause of the disaster that's befallen us. A fool is somebody who, when he shoots one foot off proceeds to shoot of the other. Please stop being stupid dick-headed f@cks.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: ebaycj

5th from the bottom -- 893rd out of 897 in his class.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Bush voters that are voting for McSame, please look at yourselves. Your lack of judgment and upside down intuitive lack of perceptions have ruined the nation. Please stop having opinions or vote the opposite of whatever they are. Stop being the cause of the disaster that's befallen us. A fool is somebody who, when he shoots one foot off proceeds to shoot of the other. Please stop being stupid dick-headed f@cks.

lol, i couldn't have said it better myself.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

A fine example of a solid liberal argument: Insults, generalizations, disdain. Couldn't have made a better expose myself.

On the contrary, I think liberals are the ones lacking an understanding of historical context. But that's my opinion.

Aren't liberals and democrats supposed to support diversity of opinion and lifestyle, and be non-judgemental and non-discriminatory? Apparently only as long as I don't disagree with you. Gimme a break man. You champion the causes of equal rights for all, but posts like this make me think, honestly, that you'd take away my right to vote if you could.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

A fine example of a solid liberal argument: Insults, generalizations, disdain. Couldn't have made a better expose myself.

On the contrary, I think liberals are the ones lacking an understanding of historical context. But that's my opinion.

Aren't liberals and democrats supposed to support diversity of opinion and lifestyle, and be non-judgemental and non-discriminatory? Apparently only as long as I don't disagree with you. Gimme a break man. You champion the causes of equal rights for all, but posts like this make me think, honestly, that you'd take away my right to vote if you could.

I said "please" look. I know you can't. You have done so much damage and been so wrong your egos won't let you. You have to be very strong to take on such emotional pain, or rather awaken to the fact you actually do suffer just such pain unconsciously.

So not only would I do nothing to take your right to be a fool away, I can't. Only you can. Please try. You are already as much of a fool as you fear you can become. It's just that you don't see it. You are a fool. It's not an insult. It's a fact. Hating fools would only blind me to my own foolishness.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

I said "please" look. I know you can't. You have done so much damage and been so wrong your egos won't let you. You have to be very strong to take on such emotional pain, or rather awaken to the fact you actually do suffer just such pain unconsciously.

So not only would I do nothing to take your right to be a fool away, I can't. Only you can. Please try. You are already as much of a fool as you fear you can become. It's just that you don't see it. You are a fool. It's not an insult. It's a fact. Hating fools would only blind me to my own foolishness.

Is this what passes for intelligent, open-minded discourse in liberal circles?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

This is P&N! Actual arguments are second to insults. I thought you knew?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

This is P&N! Actual arguments are second to insults. I thought you knew?

If I can refrain, I thought others might be similarly inclined.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If this were a Canadian Election, McCain would lose for 2 Reasons:

1) He's too Far Right Wing, although even Obama would be RW in Canada.
2) The Republican Party went totally Stupid the last 8 years. It's like they all just adopted Bush's inadequate Brain without any conditions or examniation of how things were working out. IOW. Canadians would reject McCain simply for the failures of the whole Republican Party.

Differences in the Political Systems aside, it boggles my mind that anyone in the US seriously considers voting Republican after the last 8 years. If you want to clean up Washington, cleaning up the 2 Institutionalized Political parties is a good start and given the recent Republlican record it is a no-brainer to start there. Ultimately turfing both those parties and adding numerous new parties, would best serve the People.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I have no idea. I am a member of no circle open minded, intelligent, or otherwise. I do all my own thinking and tell you what I know. You are not being insulted. You are being described. I know you already feel like a fool. I know you hate yourself and any reflection that is true of you, you will feel as an insult. It is why you are a fool. You are trapped by the feeling you are a fool fearing being exposed, and of course, all you do is reveal that fact in everything you do. You will always be a fool until you have the courage to be one. I can see into your dark because I have looked into mine.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

I have no idea. I am a member of no circle open minded, intelligent, or otherwise. I do all my own thinking and tell you what I know. You are not being insulted. You are being described. I know you already feel like a fool. I know you hate yourself and any reflection that is true of you, you will feel as an insult. It is why you are a fool. You are trapped by the feeling you are a fool fearing being exposed, and of course, all you do is reveal that fact in everything you do. You will always be a fool until you have the courage to be one. I can see into your dark because I have looked into mine.

Uh, so what is the price of heroin these days, Moonbeam?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Uh, so what is the price of heroin these days, Moonbeam?

I have no idea. I take no drugs of any kind. I take that back. I drink coffee and tea. Read my sig. I have seen where you will not look. The price I paid was everything I was ever taught that I held of value.

kreidel

Jan 30, 2001

I now know why people hurt people.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
I don't know why anyone would be shell shocked now about Bush....he hasn't done much in the last year.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: ebaycj

I would take anyone graduating from an Academy than from a Ivy league school

They have better training in leadership and stress. Part of their schooling is designed to see if they will crack under pressure, make the best choice they can with the information avaiable and go forward.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
As long as McCain stays healthy but if something were to happen to him we'd have that Wacko from Alaska as President and that's not acceptable. IMO McCain proved that he'd be willing to fuck over America just to get elected by picking Palin as his VP.

yeah, that's my problem. Though I'm a bit disappointed with this new McCain that has emerged since 2004. I really liked him back in 2000; I even thought then that had I been registered Republican, I would vote for him if for no other reason than to help keep Bush from being nominated. He seemed so far from what most new of the Republican party in those days, and infinitely distant from what it has become under Bush/Rove.

My only hope is that this new McCain monster is merely a diversionary election tactic, pandering to the end-of-days fundamentalists that would stop at nothing to ruin the fabric of this country and that if he were to get elected, would immediately fall into the McCain that made him so popular years ago.

Unfortunately, even that possibility brings no comfort as he's now one hip/stroke/ cardiac infarction away from Palin in the oval office--a fate worse than Armageddon.