Question Are two different ınternets with the same identity interconnected?

Merkoloonc43

Oct 26, 2022
Hello
Suppose there is a person. Suppose this person have a device (A) and a device (B).
Also, have (X) and (Y) internets registered with their own credentials

(what I mean by internet, is modem, router, etc.).

Suppose this person use (X) internet with device (A) in time. But get hacked, infected, tracked and information stolen.
Then this person throw this device and internet away. (Delete them.)

Then make a fresh start with device (B) and internet (Y).

Since the hacker still has this person's credentials, can they also enter the (Y) internet that have the same credentials and hack device (B)?

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
There is no such thing as 2 separate internets, the internet is a global network of networks.
The internet is infrastructure that supplies the world wide web where all that information like personal credentials for example, as one piece of information, are stored on servers. So I don't see how its possible to wipe out old credentials & start up a set of new credentials without any tracing back to the old credentials, at least this is the case in a country like Australia for example. It is illegal to purchase & operate an internet accessible device without handing over personally identifiable information to 3rd parties like retailers. The situation might be different in other countries with this aspect but I don't know.

Jul 27, 2020
Then make a fresh start with device (B) and internet (Y).

Since the hacker still has this person's credentials, can they also enter the (Y) internet that have the same credentials and hack device (B)?
You might be referring to Dlink routers with old firmware that had some easy password set for admin or maybe they had a backdoor for their technicians that was discovered by hackers. Update the firmware and there shouldn't be an issue. Or if the router won't get anymore updates, throwing it away is the only thing left, unless you want to get adventurous and install some custom firmware on it.