Question Are these scores good/normal for GTX 1080ti? (Just got it today used)

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
You could have just hit the Compare results online button in Fire Strike. Never used the first one.
well that's the problem not sure if I am doing something wrong or if my thing is defective just got it yesterday used. But my score is way below the top 30 scores for the same specs. Kinda made me worried so I wanted to hear from other users.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What part of your score are you comparing to others? Compare only the GPU score as your CPU sucks when it comes to FireStrike and the total score.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
What part of your score are you comparing to others? Compare only the GPU score as your CPU sucks when it comes to FireStrike and the total score.
I am new at this I honestly just noticed the label "Graphics score" I assume Physics Score would be the CPU only? and combined would be both scores CPU and GPU into one? Thanks for the heads up I will go ahead and take another look. Honestly didn't know that lol.

5k is about 16% more. A 16% OC doesn't seem unreasonable to me
Fair enough. Appreciate it.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Your graphics score is actually pretty decent for a 1080Ti. Its above other stock scores that are listed.
oh nice! awesome! Thinking I might sell it and get an RTX 2070 super if I find one used on eBay. I saw one sell for $480 recently. If not I'll just keep this bad boy.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
oh nice! awesome! Thinking I might sell it and get an RTX 2070 super if I find one used on eBay. I saw one sell for $480 recently. If not I'll just keep this bad boy.

Unless you REALLY want RT features, keep what you have. The 2070S is a few percent faster, and is more of a side grade.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Unless you REALLY want RT features, keep what you have. The 2070S is a few percent faster, and is more of a side grade.
Awesome! really appreciate the suggestion and input in this regard. I am very happy with my GTX 1080ti so far I love it. Specially coming from an RTX 2060. Now I just need to save more so I can just build a new computer with an i7 8700K. Want to start fresh. Also I would love to have an FTW3 with RGB but that's not important. I see no point on paying $60 more for the FTW3.

Thank you again for the input guidance.

EDIT: I don't care for RT at all honestly.

Guru

May 5, 2017
Awesome! really appreciate the suggestion and input in this regard. I am very happy with my GTX 1080ti so far I love it. Specially coming from an RTX 2060. Now I just need to save more so I can just build a new computer with an i7 8700K. Want to start fresh. Also I would love to have an FTW3 with RGB but that's not important. I see no point on paying $60 more for the FTW3.

Thank you again for the input guidance.

EDIT: I don't care for RT at all honestly.
I7 8700 is not top of the line anymore, in fact a Ryzen 3700x would be much faster overall and even slightly better in games as well. If you want the best gaming cpu right now, then its the 9900k.