Are these games any good? Doom 3, MOH War Chest, UR 3?

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
I’m not really a gamer, but I do like Unreal Tournament Deathmatches. Sometimes I also play Quake Arena. I’m a builder, but I’m more impressed the applications that I use for writing academic papers, doing work, etc, Photoshop, OCR, voice word processing, text readers to give my eyes a rest and so on. But of course I’ve got to try a game or two just to check out a new build.

I do buy used things not for a new build though. Things I’ve bought:

Business card scanner, new in box: $20, sells on Amazon for $280

Fantom External DVD burner, Firewire and USB: $20 (workmanship on this unit is awesome)

Games:
Medal of Honor Allied Assault War Chest: $5 contains 5 discs: MOH Allied Assault Disc 1 and 2, Spearhead Expansion Pack, Breakthrough Expansion Pack, and War Chest Bonus CD

Doom 3: $5, I bought 2 of these with different keys

Unreal Tournament 3 (In Metal Box with extras), $15: Hardcover Book UR3, Softcover book UR3, UR3 DVD, UR3 Bonus Content DVD, and Mastering Unreal Technology DVD: The Art of Level Design – contains Unreal Tournament 3 Toolset to build your own mods.

To play a game well you must learn it and play it. I’m lazy with games, example MOH requires learning all the different commands for your weapons and movement in Enemy Territory.
UR Tournament death matches are easy. Just point and shoot and keep moving to dodge bullets.
I was just curious if these other games are cool. Since I have 2 Doom 3 packs, I suppose I could put them on a home LAN and fight my friends at home.
I thought I might install one or two of the games today.

Last edited: