Question Are these components compatible? Any advice on first PC build?

Isaac77

Jan 5, 2024
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
ASRock Radeon RX6700XT
ASRock B550M Pro
Crucial P3 Plus
Kediers Micro ATX Tower 7 fans
Apevia Prestige 600W 80+ Gold
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Go here: https://pcpartpicker.com/

Enter your components. It will tell you if your parts are compatible.

but I WILL tell you...avoid the Apevia power supply. Apevia used to be Aspire...everyone called them "Perspire" because you'd always sweat whether they were going to die catastrophically or not. Spend more on a better power supply.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Crucial P3 Plus is a DRAM-less QLC drive. I think the only scenario that I would ever recommend such a drive would be if silence was far more important than performance, and only as a second 'data only' drive, because this is the kind of SSD that competes with hard drives and sometimes comes out the loser. For example here:

Crucial-P3-Plus-1TB-Post-cache-write-speed-Chart.png

Aside from the Internet connection, storage is the slowest part of your system and everything you do relies on it. Going for such a low-spec drive as your boot drive will hobble your system performance at times in a way that will make you believe you're still running off a hard drive.

I don't know what kind of prices you're getting for this drive (maybe you're seeing it on offer), but for the kind of price I'm seeing it at (UK) you can get a Samsung 970 Evo Plus of the same capacity which will run rings around it most of the time.

Reactions: Isaac77