Question Are there any really good 55" 32:9 screens coming out soon?

boed

Nov 19, 2009
Hello,

I currently use two 32" side by side screens for work (at home). I do a lot of comparisons of spreadsheets, web pages, remote computers, you name it. Occassionally I play games too.

I'd love something without the big bezel in the middle of the two and ideally with a slight curve to it. I did some looking a while back and couldn't find anything that came close to my ideal. I don't know if I'd notice high refresh rate - never had it but wouldn't complain if that was an option.

I thought I'd see if there was something new that I should look at.

Thanks

PS - I should mention the only thing I could find was the Samsung Odyssey Arck - but there may be many others with which I am not aware.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Rumor has it sometime next year we will see something like 7,680x2160* widescreens. If something like that ends up at 55", perhaps that would be along what your thinking of.

*source is AMDs Display Port 2 announcement, listing monitor manufacturers thinking about coming out with that resolution.

boed

Nov 19, 2009
I thought about what you said, and perhaps I do want that resolution. I'm being seduced by that much power!

By any chance do you know how long a standard DP 2.1 cable can be? I heard for some reason the standard ones had to be super short.

boed

Nov 19, 2009
I just worked an insane amount of hours and would love to get that screen - wish it was available now! :)

I just worked for a client with a bunch of 49" 32:9 displays for their employees.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
The odyssey ark is the only 55 inch high refresh monitor. (monitor not to be confused with TV)
The rest are TV's or content monitors you see in front of elevators with low refresh rates.
The biggest problem with the ark tho is it has no Display Port, it can not dual cast more then 1 HDMI source, and samsung has like monkeys working Quality Assurance, so your chances of getting a dude or a defective monitor is like you getting a perfectly built Tesla with no panel gaps, or paint corrections required.

I had one, and returned it because not only was the thing so heavy at 100lbs with stand, there is no monitor arm which can support the weight even, and i had 8 dead pixels. Ultimately i decided to forgo it, as it was really impractical for the price and cost and i knew i would probably spend as much on my chrio for a neck adjustment that i did on the monitor itself.

Reactions: boed

boed

Nov 19, 2009
Thanks - Hopefully they'll fix the glitch they had with some previous models. I'm starting to think I've waited this dang long I might wait for a QD OLED of that sie.