Are there any other games like zero wing?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I liked this game long before it became famous with the "all your base are belong to us" thing started because of the interesting environments and bosses. Nice and simple scrolling space shooter, anything else similar to it? Ive shot my way from natols to gerbarra umpteen times and need something new.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
wrong forum?

if not, Jets N Guns is a great PC side scrolling shooter.

I put it here because i play zero wing and all old games on emulators.

Jets n guns looks fun, ill give it a bash.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Try Raiden 2 if you can find it. I used to have it on PC.

Edit: Hmm there's apparently some flash games called raiden 2 nowadays. Don't know if they're any good was refering to a real pc game I had (was also an arcade game at my college).

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
The Gradius games are fun and hard. Hellfire for the Genesis was real tough. There was Gradius for the PS2 that you could plan co-op that was fun.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Im supposed to be doing a dissertation but ive been sat playing jets n guns lol, space shooters have evolved a lot since zero wing!! Ill defo give these other ones a shot at some point.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Soviet
Im supposed to be doing a dissertation but ive been sat playing jets n guns lol, space shooters have evolved a lot since zero wing!! Ill defo give these other ones a shot at some point.

that happened to me last week when I was supposed to be writing a malicious prosecution memo.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: evident
gradius

ikaruga for dreamcast is impossible

i got ikaruga when i had my Wii because everyone said it was awesome. paid like $40 for it used and i f-ing hated it.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
gradius

i got ikaruga when i had my Wii because everyone said it was awesome. paid like $40 for it used and i f-ing hated it.

oh wow, they have ikaruga for wii download? i hated it at first, it's a pain in the ass, i cant even get past the 3rd level, but its really fun two player!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
gradius

oh wow, they have ikaruga for wii download? i hated it at first, it's a pain in the ass, i cant even get past the 3rd level, but its really fun two player!

no, i bought the GC version to play on the wii

Calculator83

Banned
Nov 26, 2007
gradius

no, i bought the GC version to play on the wii

You have to memorize the level to play this game well. Thats the point actually.