Are there any motorcycles with automatic shifting?

My nieghbor down the street has a Honds 600 or 750 with a two speed auto, I laughed my a$$ off the first time I saw it :)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I know they used to make one (they meaning the Japanese) and I think the "Boss Hog" is a auto.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
There weer some older bikes. But there are no current ones being made that I am aware of.

Getting a bike, is not for someone that can't even shift in a car. So until you get good at driving a car, DON'T get a bike.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Yeah, I'm lazy but I have a motorcycle license and I figured I might as well get a bike to go along with it at some point.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Yeah, I'm lazy but I have a motorcycle license and I figured I might as well get a bike to go along with it at some point.
Don't even bother with an automatic. They are mostly just technical curiosities.

You know how to shift, right?

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: sward666
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Don't even bother with an automatic. They are mostly just technical curiosities.

You know how to shift, right?

Down for 1st, up for everything after that.

Only did it for a few days though to get my license.. havent done it in almost 2 years since then and I have never driven an automatic car.

Oct 9, 1999
sports scooters..

honda reflex, honda silverwing, suzuki bergman (400 and 650)

they are auto's.. and i like to own one of them some day.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Get a manual tranny, not an auto on a motorcycle you tard. Shifting through the gears is part of the fun of being on a bike. The automatics are for the mentally or physically challenged people.....you aren't mentally or physically challenged are you?

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
sports scooters..

honda reflex, honda silverwing, suzuki bergman (400 and 650)

they are auto's.. and i like to own one of them some day.
In most states, if you *ever* refer to a scooter as a motorcycle, you are prohibited from operating anything other than a grocery cart.

May as well turn your license in now. :D

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: fonzinator
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
Boss Hoss
Don't they only have a single gear? There's no shifting period. With 500 hp on tap, you only need 1 gear. :)

it uses a 2 speed modified powerglide IIRC.

Beattie

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
Down for 1st, up for everything after that.

Only did it for a few days though to get my license.. havent done it in almost 2 years since then and I have never driven an automatic car.

Lying sack of sh!t

You have never driven a manual. (that's probably what you meant though)