are there any methods to stop missing someone?

Diandra016

Oct 1, 2002
well i was at the library today and i was doing my homework, but every 10 minutes i would start thinking about my boyfriend. i only see him on the weekends and i miss him throughtout the week. he's always very busy with college besides the fact that he's a majoring engineer and his classes end at 5;30 and keeps his mind on his work. me on the other hand i usually finish my work on time and i have all this time to think about him!! i wish i could take my mind of missing him. I have a job and i keep myself studying, but it doesn't work...any suggestions?????

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
tough.

<--Just completely broke up with his g/f of 3 years 4 hours ago. (long story, ugly ending)

But seriously, just use what you have, since I was in that situation too. Just make sure that you two make the best of the time you have together....better to miss him when you don't see him, than not. :)

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
(you know, back in my day, when people were new to the board, they asked hardware questions before they hit the OT :p)

anyways, in regards to your question. there are only two remedies to stop missing someone that i know of. one is to be with them, and the other is time.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
(you know, back in my day, when people were new to the board, they asked hardware questions before they hit the OT :p)

anyways, in regards to your question. there are only two remedies to stop missing someone that i know of. one is to be with them, and the other is time.

The third method is to be with someone else. Drugs may also help... (medical marijuana, perhaps)

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
tough.

<--Just completely broke up with his g/f of 3 years 4 hours ago. (long story, ugly ending)

But seriously, just use what you have, since I was in that situation too. Just make sure that you two make the best of the time you have together....better to miss him when you don't see him, than not. :)

Your tone of voice after ending such a relationship, how is it possible? Especially the advice, yeeeeshh, mann, you have to teach me those coping skills of yours.

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: erikiksaz
tough.

Your tone of voice after ending such a relationship, how is it possible? Especially the advice, yeeeeshh, mann, you have to teach me those coping skills of yours.

It's called denial. :) The after effects of breaking up will come later.

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Originally posted by: pillage2001
tough.

Denial....been there, done that. Things are perfect for the first few hours, then BAM. :(

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Kiyup
One dose of me and you won't even remember whatsawhosits name. ;)
So what time we meeting up?
One dose of you and she'll turn to cleaning carpets.

ProUser

Apr 6, 2000
Originally posted by: pillage2001
tough.

Denial....been there, done that. Things are perfect for the first few hours, then BAM. :(

More like BAM.. BAM BAM BAM.. BAM BAM.. wimper.. wimper... BAM BAM BAM wimper.. oh, yes, i'm okay! yes! whats that? BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Do you have friends? go out with them. take this time to do things you wouldn't normally have time to do. sounds like maybe your life focuses around him too much if u can't go 10 minutes without thinking of him :p

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Let him know how you feel. Take pride in knowing that he feels the same way.

You've still got to get the work done, so stop thinking! (haha I am such a hypocrite!)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
lol, I turn to watch a few shows, and I miss these msgs. ;)

Like I said, it's a long story.......the coping part has to do with how I am as a person, as it seems I naturally repress my emotions. I also tend to have very violent tendencies after a big deal.....no, I don't hit anybody. They're usually walls and bags and the such.

But anyway, this is her thread, not mine.