Are there any keyboards that match the MS Natural Pro keyboard?

TazExprez

Aug 7, 2001
I want to upgrade one of my three regular PC's. The other two regular PC's have the Microsoft Natural Pro keyboard, while the one I am upgrading does not. I would like to buy a new keyboard for the PC I am upgrading. I wonder whether I should get the MS Natural Pro for this one, or some other keyboard that is equally as good. Thanks for your help.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
1) wrong forum
2) all keyboards are pretty much the same, I have a chieftech wireless, cost me 20$, works great and doesnt have a bunch of stupid buttons on it

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I hate those new keyboards with their damned F-lock.

Natural Pro forever! Too bad its starting to have trouble initializing so I gotta uninstall and reinstall in device manager...

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
Kelvrick - whats the F-Lock you speak of?

The one on the logitech on my gf uses. It changes all the F1-F12 keys into stuff like Redo, Print, crap like that. It just happens to change F6 into print, so whenever I hit F6 to get to the address bar, it prints out the page I'm on. Just pisses me off to no end.

Another thing is I can't get the hotkeys on it to work with Mozilla to go to like home page and stuff (maybe a software update is due).

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Kelvrick

The one on the logitech on my gf uses. It changes all the F1-F12 keys into stuff like Redo, Print, crap like that. It just happens to change F6 into print, so whenever I hit F6 to get to the address bar, it prints out the page I'm on. Just pisses me off to no end.

Another thing is I can't get the hotkeys on it to work with Mozilla to go to like home page and stuff (maybe a software update is due).

wow that woudl suck glad mine doesnt have that crap

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
F-lock is like a num/scroll/caps lock where there's a toggle and the F-keys perform another function.

or at least that's what I assume it is. :p

(As for the OP, I wish there was a Natural Pro cordless!)

TazExprez

Aug 7, 2001
Thanks a lot guys. I guess I'll probably get another MS Natural Pro. Too bad I can only get them on eBay. Thanks again.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Both Microsoft and Logitech have current "Natural" keyboards. They are hard to find but if you froogle it you can find them. Logitech even has a wireless one.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick

wow that woudl suck glad mine doesnt have that crap

So the OP knows. You can turn that stuff off (or on), it just happens to default to off (where the F6 is print) and you ahve to turn it on to make the F keys normal again. I just always forget about it when I go over to her computer to do something.

TazExprez

Aug 7, 2001
I'll get a corded MS Natural Pro keyboard. I only have a cordless keyboard for my HTPC. I have the Ultra GT Compact Keyboard Suite. I don't like cordless keyboards and only use them if I have to, like for my HTPC.

TazExprez

Aug 7, 2001
The Gyration Compact Keyboard is pretty cool for use without a desk and so is the Cordless Optical Mouse, which works without a surface.

Nerdwannabe

Nov 21, 2000
I am using a $49 white MAC keyboard and absolute love it.

Apple also has the bluetooth version which goes for $69 and WILL WORK with PC.