Are there any games like Final Fantasy Tactics for the PC?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Any fans of FF Tactics that can recommend a similar style of game for the PC? I really like the kind strategy games where you keep mostly the same party and can advance them through different jobs/occupations. A good story along with the combat does'nt hurt either. :D

Any recommendations?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Somewhat similar...

Fallout Tactics, Jagged Alliance series, X-COM series

Most of these are several years old though.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I remember renting FFT, lost on the first level after 20 minutes, turned off the system and didnt play it again. DAMN YOU FFT!

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
gog.com has Fallout Tactics for $6, it's worth much more.

Jagged Alliance 2 is on Steam I think, it's been $10 often enough that you shouldn't pay more. JA2 Gold is the right one, Wildfire is a buggy user mod of it.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
Somewhat similar...

Fallout Tactics, Jagged Alliance series, X-COM series

Most of these are several years old though.

I played FOT and like it a lot. I had a copy of X-Com but it's lost somewhere in my basement I think. I'll look into Jagged Alliance.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Arkitech
Any fans of FF Tactics that can recommend a similar style of game for the PC? I really like the kind strategy games where you keep mostly the same party and can advance them through different jobs/occupations. A good story along with the combat does'nt hurt either. :D

Any recommendations?

Not *quite* what you are looking for, but King's Bounty is close enough, in my opinion. Instead of 'Heros' to level, you level a single Hero, but he commands whatever Army you desire, provided you have the leadership and resources to do. The game is about 60 hours of play and each time you replay it, it randomizes all the loot, spells, troops placement. Has a ton of replayability and is heavy on tactics. I cannot express how great the game is. I highly recomend it.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
How similar to Final Fantasy Tactics were you looking for? I mean, there are fantasy turned-based strategy games that aren't quite like that (Heroes of Might and Magic, Age of Wonders).

AlgaeEater

May 9, 2006
Funny thing is if you could read Japanese, there are literally dozens of titles exactly what you're looking for for the PC platform. Otherwise, the above are good examples.