Are the radicals in the middle east just that uncivilized?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Someone make me understand why the fvck they are doing what they do. I just don't understand it. It's like they are still back in the stoneage fighting over the stupidiest sh!t.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Their religion prevents them from evolving......and tell me it is not a control structure. You would think by now they would have come around to realize how things in the civilized world work but they don't want to have any of that. Those in control need to keep the masses dirt poor and they have to have a boogeyman to blame for it....Western Culture. You can't comprehend because it makes absolutely no sense to a human being with an IQ above 60 or someone who can see PAST his religion.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Take this to the P&N, please. And to answer your question, write to your senator/president and ask them why the fvck do we have to get in everybody's business all the fvcking time.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
switch your tv channel from cnn world news to 5PM local news.

some kid just shot another kid for their nfl jacket.

newsflash: suburban usa has not evolved either.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion

That sounds more like something that would happen in ghetto USA. Did it really happen in the burbs or did you simply make that part up?

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I'd say it was devolving.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
i remember this from a local news in small town northern california.......for a raiders jacket when the team was based in southern california (los angeles).

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Ronstang

That sounds more like something that would happen in ghetto USA. Did it really happen in the burbs or did you simply make that part up?

here's another example i remember: kid shot another for their air jordans back in early 90's

.....in good ole houston, texas. not exactly middle east.

i agree that it may well have to do greatly with religion and culture in that part of the world for the things that they say and do.

hard to explain that US and western culture have evolved more in comparison.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I am not sure if education has much to do with it. People in the US are really dumb but they were not brought up to think such crazy things as many are in the middle east.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005

Not really - not so long ago the Middle East was way ahead of Europe, and America was way behind both, but everyone gets their turn to rule the world.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000

here's another example i remember: kid shot another for their air jordans back in early 90's

i agree that it may well have to do greatly with religion and culture in that part of the world for the things that they say and do.

You are way off base....all you are showing is the poor and uneducated (lots by their own chocie and doing) have not evolved. The culture of the poor is very similar where ever you go in the world.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001

Well, there's moral equivalency for you....shootout over NFL jacket = decades of war where one side is calling for genocide, resorts to specifically targeting women and children and civilians in general, likes to blow themselves up, and enjoys videotaping beheadings.

Yep. I totally see it.

:roll:

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
My friend got a busted lip for not letting a group of thugged out, ghetto kids cut in front of him for a ride at Knott's Berry Farm. Basically, the conversation went like this:

My friend: Hey, we were here first. Don't cut in front of us.
Ghetto kids: What you gonna to do about it? Why you gotta be like that? Get out of my face. *punch*

That's the gist of it. Not too civilized if you ask me about it, but it's hard to compare it to the violence that we're talking about going on in the Middle East.

I'm sure that they have violence related to dumb things too, but the violence that we're hearing about is mostly religiously and politically motivated. I'm sure those killers feel more justified in their killings than a kid who just wants to cut in line or get a pair of Air Jordans.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004

You are way off base....all you are showing is the poor and uneducated (lots by their own chocie and doing) have not evolved. The culture of the poor is very similar where ever you go in the world.

all i'm trying to show is that we have our own "radicals" here at home. you can't simply compare mideast "radicals" and how they have evolved compared to the general domestic population.

i didn't see the high violent crime rate among the poor when I traveled to eas africa, southeast asia and south america within the past 10 years.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005

all i'm trying to show is that we have our own "radicals" here at home. you can't simply compare mideast "radicals" and how they have evolved compared to the general domestic population.

i didn't see the high violent crime rate among the poor when I traveled to eas africa, southeast asia and south america within the past 10 years.

You didn't see a high violent crime rate in _South America_??

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Queasy

Well, there's moral equivalency for you....shootout over NFL jacket = decades of war where one side is calling for genocide, resorts to specifically targeting women and children and civilians in general, likes to blow themselves up, and enjoys videotaping beheadings.

Yep. I totally see it.

:roll:

let's see.......murder is murder no matter what the reason behind the act and how they go about doing the act. killing one for a jacet versus killing off an entire village for religious reasons.....i consider all of it uncivilized, period.

jjessico

May 29, 2002
The difference, of course, between violence caused by stupid things is how the local power structure accomodates the perpetrators. In the US (and other 1st world nations) people who commit crimes such as shooting people for sneakers or what have you are looked at as criminals. In the Middle East it seems that the folks determined on killing others because of dumb things are heralded as heros and put in places of power, not state prisons.

Make sense?

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
let's see.......murder is murder no matter what the reason behind the act and how they go about doing the act. killing one for a jacet versus killing off an entire village for religious reasons.....i consider all of it uncivilized, period.

I agree 100%