Are my temps high?

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I have my e4500 @ 3GHz and nvidia system monitor says my temps are 46C - 47C under idle. By idle I mean surfing the net and listning to music. I have a AC7 cooler.

Edit. I just downloaded SpeedFan and it says my CPU is idling at 32C...again by idle I mean surfing the net and listening to some ill beatz! I am assuming speedfan is the more correct reading.

S

SlitheryDee

That would be considered pretty average I think. Load temps would tell you more though.

smugboy

Sep 15, 2008
I have an E4500 @ 3.2 (1.4V in CPU-Z under load) with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (same cooler as you right? you've not got the LP, or "Low profile"?)

I've played with a bunch of monitor programmes & have read quite alot of stuff online, but I wouldn't say I'm an expert at temp monitoring (pretty shocking how deep some of the boys can get on this subject), and I've learn't to trust speedfan (RealTemp is also good).

Anyway, having set the scene that i think we have a fair amount in common in terms of hardware my idle temps (core 0 & 1 in speedfan) are ~15C. However I'm sitting in my coat, in my garage, in winter with ambent temps near zero while I type this! what's your ambient temp?

Also, what are your load temps? (OCCT or Prime95 are good for this, IntelBurn test is properly viscious). I think the max temp is not supposed to exceed 73C for the E4500, according to Intel. Mine stays under ~60C (regardless of the season) in all but IntelBurn Test (where it gets ~65C maybe a tad more).

Depending on your ambient temp, I'd say that if Prime95/OCCT take you above 60-65C somethings probably up (e.g. too much voltage, too much thermal paste, incorrectly seated cooler)

also what voltage are you running (CPU-Z load)?

Finaly, if temps go above 65-70C while running the load tests I'd suggest stopping