Are my temps above normal? C2D6400

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
Since summer started I've had to back my C2D down from 3.4GHz to 3.0GHz because of stability. The voltage is still really high though, 1.5v in bios but I think my DS3 motherboard is off a lot for voltage because in Windows the voltage displays a lot lower. To find stability I just backed off on FSB till it was stable so I don't think I can decrease voltage any more.

My house is around 27C ambient with my processors running at 55C Load (F@H SMP). My cooling is high end water, 3x120 radiator with a Swiftech Storm Rev. 2 CPU cooler and 1/2 pipes. My graphics card is also on water and running the GPU F@H client so that probably adds a little to the water temp.

Edit: boo typo...hooray beer!

Zardnok

Sep 21, 2004
If you are running a high end water set up, then yes 57C is high temps. If you do not need the VCore, definitely back it down. What are your temps at idle?

You state that you had it 3.4 stable before the summer and that after summer started that it lost stability. Sounds like a definite heat related issue, maybe you need to reseat all of your water blocks. Also, heat increases exponentially with VCore, so backing off from the 1.5 will reduce your temps greatly and perhaps even increase stability if your OC issues are indeed heat related. You should not need 1.5V to reach a 3.0 OC.

Do you have a seperate loop set up for your video card? What is the loop order and what pumps are you using?