Are my friend's neighbors dealing drugs? edit: & what to do about it?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
My buddy lives in a nice area and thinks his nieghbors might be dealing a little pot or more. Here is what we observe:

1. It seems like 2-4 guys actually live there, they are around 24-29 years old.
2. There are always, and I mean always, cars coming and going from that place. The typical car shows up...it is usually a Civic or something similar with 2-4 guys or girls aging from 17-28. They drive up and are gone again in 15-20 minutes most of the time. Some nights they will have a small party there (no big deal) We haven't watched to see if it is the same cars or not.
3. They drive a brand new Lincoln Navigator.
4. They were driving away the other day dressed like that kennedy guy from "Malibu's Most Wanted" & that's how they always dress
5. Their dog is named "Ganja"

Apart from their appearance and a lot of car traffic on the road, they haven't caused any real trouble according to my buddy. He says they usually keep to themselves and actually heard one of them yell at his buddy/customer who was cranking up the rap music, "turn down the fvcking stereo, we have neighbors you know!"

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
In all likelyhood, yes.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't mind your own business. If they aren't causing a nuisance, is it really all that bad?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: N8Magic
In all likelyhood, yes.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't mind your own business. If they aren't causing a nuisance, is it really all that bad?

Depends on what they are selling and to whom. if a guy was dealing crack to the drudges of society or to kids, then i wouldn't want him in my neighborhood.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Start selling and compete. He can't have the whole neighbourhood to himself, start a turf war.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
In all likelyhood, yes.

I personally don't care, my buddy isn't going to say anything unless it gets out of hand b/c #1 they are being curteous and not causing trouble, and #2 they don't look like hard core drug dealers (crack, coke, etc) and #3 even though they don't look hardcore they could still make his life pretty tough or do something to him or his property if they find out he's a snitch.

edit for spelling of coke ;)

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: pyonir
In all likelyhood, yes.

Depends on what they are selling an to whom. if a guy was dealing crack to the drudges of society or to kids, then i wouldn't want him in my neighborhood.

Crack is different... i'd want them the hell out of there too.

But if their dog is named "Ganja", I doubt they're selling crack. :D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

I know...but for arguments sake. And who's to say they won't try to 'upgrade'?

<---devils advocate.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: pyonir

I know...but for arguments sake. And who's to say they won't try to 'upgrade'?

<---devils advocate.

That's when you snitch. :p

nater

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
tell them you'll call the cops if they don't give you large sums of drugs...or cash

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: nater
tell them you'll call the cops if they don't give you large sums of drugs...or cash

... and as you walk away with your loot, there's a knife/bullet/rock/blunt object striking the back of your head.

There's a reason only the mob runs extortion rings. ;):p

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: nater

I don't smoke, but that does sound like a good idea. I'll tell them I'll call the cops unless they give me & my buddy a bowl worth each week or something. It won't hurt them a bit and a bowl is more than enough for us. In fact I'd probably not even use it.

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Staley8
My buddy lives in a nice area and thinks his nieghbors might be dealing a little pot or more. Here is what we observe:

1. It seems like 2-4 guys actually live there, they are around 24-29 years old.
2. There are always, and I mean always, cars coming and going from that place. The typical car shows up...it is usually a Civic or something similar with 2-4 guys or girls aging from 17-28. They drive up and are gone again in 15-20 minutes most of the time. Some nights they will have a small party there (no big deal) We haven't watched to see if it is the same cars or not.
3. They drive a brand new Lincoln Navigator.
4. They were driving away the other day dressed like that kennedy guy from "Malibu's Most Wanted" & that's how they always dress
5. Their dog is named "Ganja"

Apart from their appearance and a lot of car traffic on the road, they haven't caused any real trouble according to my buddy. He says they usually keep to themselves and actually heard one of them yell at his buddy/customer who was cranking up the rap music, "turn down the fvcking stereo, we have neighbors you know!"

Pot is nothing bad, its a mellow, social drug. If they were dealing crack or heroin then yes get the police. Stop being so nosy, mind your own business and leave em to it. Or even better, go get some weed and get high.
:D

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
drug laws are harsh with mandatory minimums that make no sense. its barbaric, leave em alone unless they are horrible people.

i'd try to get some for myself:) seriously, with a supplier that close you can buy such small amounts at a time that its semi safe:)

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Does the main guy who runs the operation have a sister? Well then befriend her and have her fall in love with you. Then with your cousin and his coworker sneak in their house at night (if the dog barks give him some brownies) and steal the stuff they keep their money in. Soon you will be discovered and a hillarious gun fight will start. Your rich uncle and dad will intervene and it will all turn in a comedy fest. The cops will show up and the show will be all over! You get to keep the money.,

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Does the main guy who runs the operation have a sister? Well then befriend her and have her fall in love with you. Then with your cousin and his coworker sneak in their house at night (if the dog barks give him some brownies) and steal the stuff they keep their money in. Soon you will be discovered and a hillarious gun fight will start. Your rich uncle and dad will intervene and it will all turn in a comedy fest. The cops will show up and the show will be all over! You get to keep the money.,

hahaha...

"looks like yogurt"

:D

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
That's how you get busted.
I had a buddy who had something similar just a couple houses down from him, and after a couple months, they got popped by the big guys.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
dont snitch on them unless they install a drive through window...then i think thats when they have gone too far

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Drug money = terrorism. :confused:

Call the cops, do it anyonymously if needed.

having absurd drug policies that increase the price of a leafy plant so much that its worth more then gold aids terrorism.

theres a demand, you suppress, of course its gonna come in anyways, but it'll support bad people instead of legal merchants.

locking up nonviolent people for years for possession of a relatively harmless weed that was never banned by the founding fathers is terrorism.

we're allowed to own guns for f*cksake.

its not like its crack cocaine.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Drug money = terrorism. :confused:

Call the cops, do it anyonymously if needed.

having absurd drug policies that increase the price of a leafy plant so much that its worth more then gold aids terrorism.

theres a demand, you suppress, of course its gonna come in anyways, but it'll support bad people instead of legal merchants.

locking up nonviolent people for years for possession of a relatively harmless weed that was never banned by the founding fathers is terrorism.

we're allowed to own guns for f*cksake.

its not like its crack cocaine.

Christ, he was joking.