Are Muslims overly sensitive about the Prophet Mohammad?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
There never was an Arab version......lolol

Two clips were posted on YouTube on July 1 (13'02", title "The Real Life of Muhammad", comment "Part of the movie, "Life of Muhammad"..... اجزاء من فيلم حياة محمد") and 2nd (13'50", title "Muhammad Movie Trailer", comment "فضيحة الاسلام الكبري") by user "sam bacile".[68] By September, the film had been dubbed into Arabic and was brought to the attention of the Arabic-speaking world by Coptic blogger Morris Sadek, whose Egyptian citizenship had been revoked for promoting calls for an attack on Egypt.[69][70] A two-minute excerpt dubbed in Arabic was broadcast on September 8 by Sheikh Khalad Abdalla[71] on Al-Nas, an Egyptian television station.[13][72] On September 11, the "Sam Bacile" YouTube account commented in Egyptian Arabic on a video from Al-Nahar TV uploaded two days earlier, "يابهايم دة فيلم امريكي 100%" which means: "Idiots, this is an American film 100%".[73]

ok?...

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I keep telling you this Earl, there was no Arabic version. Unless you're talking about subtitles. If someone else, unrelated to the project, dubbed it what the fuck does that have to do with the video? Not to mention they dubbed 2 minutes of it? Please fuck off with your "arabic version" non-sense.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I keep telling you this Earl, there was no Arabic version. Unless you're talking about subtitles. If someone else, unrelated to the project, dubbed it what the fuck does that have to do with the video? Not to mention they dubbed 2 minutes of it? Please fuck off with your "arabic version" non-sense.

On September 8, 2012, an excerpt of the YouTube video was broadcast on Al-Nas TV, an Egyptian Islamist television station.[13] Demonstrations and violent protests against the film broke out on September 11 in Egypt and Libya

It was because of these two clips dubbed into Arabic, and shown on Egyptian TV, that the protests started.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
It was because of these two clips dubbed into Arabic, and shown on Egyptian TV, that the protests started.

Seriously you're just being a troll. It wasn't dubbed in Arabic by the videos creators, it was TRANSLATED into Arabic then over dubbed by someone else. NOT THE CREATORS. So if you want ORIGINAL intent and you want to see what it is all REALLY about. You watch the English version. Also, it was SUBTITLED before hand and passed out that way before it got dubbed by people in Egyptian media and had a two minute clip blurped out. Earl show me the Arabic version of this that the creators of the video intended to be offensive. I am still waiting.

Also, you would know this if you actually read the articles, watched the video and STAYED AWAY FROM SUMMARIES ON WIKIPEDIA. Wikipedia needs to implement a rule that nothing can be added to Wikipedia until at least a month has passed since it occurred.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
troll much....

as bfdd stated --
Seriously you're just being a troll. It wasn't dubbed in Arabic by the videos creators, it was TRANSLATED into Arabic then over dubbed by someone else. NOT THE CREATORS. So if you want ORIGINAL intent and you want to see what it is all REALLY about. You watch the English version. Also, it was SUBTITLED before hand and passed out that way before it got dubbed by people in Egyptian media and had a two minute clip blurped out. Earl show me the Arabic version of this that the creators of the video intended to be offensive. I am still waiting.

Also, you would know this if you actually read the articles, watched the video and STAYED AWAY FROM SUMMARIES ON WIKIPEDIA. Wikipedia needs to implement a rule that nothing can be added to Wikipedia until at least a month has passed since it occurred.

You fain ignorance all to often. It doesn`t matter the subject you always qualify your "ignorance" as I am just trying to learn......

This time you have been busted hook line and sinker!!

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Your right, I have not read all the articles about this.
I can see at least a hundred about it right now, I'm sorry I don't think I can get around to all of them.

By September, the film had been dubbed into Arabic and was brought to the attention of the Arabic-speaking world by Coptic blogger Morris Sadek, whose Egyptian citizenship had been revoked for promoting calls for an attack on Egypt.

I read that as Morris doing the dubbing
Can you link me to at least a couple of the stories that explains it better?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
troll much....

You fain ignorance all to often. It doesn`t matter the subject you always qualify your "ignorance" as I am just trying to learn......

This time you have been busted hook line and sinker!!

Maybe you could help out Jedi
Can you post the links for me?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Maybe you could help out Jedi
Can you post the links for me?

I do not need to post anything...all anybody has to do is go back and check your SOP....which is to always fain ignorance or a lack of understanding...do you really want me to go through all the Israeli , Palestinians threads and reveal you for what you are....somebody who is a troll by claiming to have no knowledge of jack caca.....

I thought not....Shalom!!

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
i do not need to post anything...all anybody has to do is go back and check your sop....which is to always fain ignorance or a lack of understanding...do you really want me to go through all the israeli , palestinians threads and reveal you for what you are....somebody who is a troll by claiming to have no knowledge of jack caca.....

I thought not....shalom!!

السلام عليكم

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Why does anyone even argue with this trolling Canadian about US politics? It will stop if you stop.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Wow, no thread about "Furious Libyans attack militia linked to U.S. ambassador’s death"?

The ouster and the popular uprising on the militia that killed the American Ambassador is newsworthy no? Most Libyans were disgusted by it and condemned it. but i guess that would paint a different picture than the stereotype that most arabs/muslims are extremists that hate the west, period?

Its on the BBC and other major news outlets, but nobody cared to start a thread to discuss that? What's the right wing take on this? another exception to the rule?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Wow, no thread about "Furious Libyans attack militia linked to U.S. ambassador’s death"?

The ouster and the popular uprising on the militia that killed the American Ambassador is newsworthy no? Most Libyans were disgusted by it and condemned it. but i guess that would paint a different picture than the stereotype that most arabs/muslims are extremists that hate the west, period?

Its on the BBC and other major news outlets, but nobody cared to start a thread to discuss that? What's the right wing take on this? another exception to the rule?

Fail post of the year?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2272153

You just missed it, it is there.

Conscript

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2001
I wouldn't say overly sensitive, just about 1000 years behind in civilization from Roman Catholics and their Crusade against infidels. The major difference is the Muslims are another 1000 further back in technology, and if this keeps up eventually the world is going to tire of it and deal with in the only effective manner possible, not dissimilar with taking care of an insect problem

Apr 27, 2012
I wouldn't say overly sensitive, just about 1000 years behind in civilization from Roman Catholics and their Crusade against infidels. The major difference is the Muslims are another 1000 further back in technology, and if this keeps up eventually the world is going to tire of it and deal with in the only effective manner possible, not dissimilar with taking care of an insect problem

Well said, they refuse to advance forward and have made the world a worse place