Are medical/bio career path the only hope for a decent job with a good pay?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
I choose to continue my Electrical Engineering career because I feel that I'm good at it, and it's something I have passion for. Good pay is just an extra bonus. :)

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MindStorm
Originally posted by: Spamela
here's a radical idea: do what you enjoy doing and you'll be happy; good pay is a bonus.

Yeah, because most girls are looking for guys who have jobs that make the guys happy even if the salary is crap...because girls are just selfless like that.

& they'll just dump you when another guy with more $$$ comes along,
or you lose your big paying job.

maybe shallow or immature women shouldn't be a first choice?

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Money is the root of all Evil. In medical terms, being obsessed with material and money is a social epidemic.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: stormbv
Money is the root of all Evil. In medical terms, being obsessed with material and money is a social epidemic.

"Epidemic" is a medical term. "Social Epidemic" is not.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: stormbv

the love of money is the root of all evil.

a high school teacher told me that getting a job you liked
was one of the most important things you could do.
this is wisdom that some people have to learn first-hand.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
The funny thing is I went into my major for the pay but I ended up taking a job paying less than market value because I like the company and like what I do. I'm not getting paid bad...but I should be making 10-12k more. But then I think about it and I think how many people get to pick the projects they work on and how many companies does the box buy a 12 pack and the end of the day and everyone sits around and BS's around some beers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you don't enjoy what you're doing what's the point?