Are gorgeous women attracted to jerks?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nahh.. My girlfriend found me, didn't she? ;) I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt her.

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
Of course women are attracted by jerks: not only does it feed their ego (for various reasons I won't get into), it caters to their maternal nature. Is my take anyway; in these topics I usually revert to a biological-evolutionary explanation.

More importantly: I saw the article linked to askmen.com. That site must be the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Bunch of people who think they know what they're talking about, when the entire site is devoted to selling some POS "The System," which is the male equivalent of "The Rules." Never trust a snake oil salesman. Don't listen to somebody unless you know he has a reason to know :)

If you want real information, TLC occasionally has programs on The Human Sexes and The Human Face, which are pretty funny beyond being pretty informative.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
As a whole, when they're younger, I think women are attracted to the "rebels"; more often, according to my Freudian viewpoint, men who are like their fathers... whether men admit it or not, they do the same thing with their girlfriends/mothers, too.

Many, many women I know have had fathers who are distant, workaholics, emotionally unresponsive, domineering, etc... and so they go for those type of men.

However, I know that the vast majority do eventually grow out of it, in most aspects.

Phunktion

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001

<< Just because she's beautiful on the outside, it doesn't mean she's clinically sane on the inside. Just because she has a fantastic body on the outside, it doesn't mean she has common sense on the inside. Just because she has gorgeous breasts and long legs on the outside, it doesn't mean she's marriage material.

Remember, guys, beauty is only skin deep but character is to the bone.
>>

LeStEr

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 1999

<<

<< Are gorgeous women are attracted jerks? >>

only rich jerks! :Q
>>

Indeed

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Girls are attracted to cute, relatively muscular guys who are jerks as oppposed to ugly beer belly guys who are nice. I think this holds true for many guys as well. We are often placing nice tits, a$$ and hotness on higher priority than the personality.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< Just because she's beautiful on the outside, it doesn't mean she's clinically sane on the inside. Just because she has a fantastic body on the outside, it doesn't mean she has common sense on the inside. Just because she has gorgeous breasts and long legs on the outside, it doesn't mean she's marriage material.

Remember, guys, beauty is only skin deep but character is to the bone.
>>

Absolutely, but looks is an important aspect.

With a personality scale of 10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best would you rather date:

If you're into girls:
this gal with personality scale of 5 or this gal with personality scale of 8

If you're into guys:
this guy with personality scale of 7 or this guy with personality scale of 9

They're all somewhere between 18 to 25y/o

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
All women are attracted to jerks, but the jerks just pick out the gorgeous ones and leave the rest for the lesser jerks.

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Jerboy, I think I would have to go with the less personaltiy girl, or neither.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
not another one!
rolleye.gif

<sarcasm>
yes, all women only go for jerks. you'll never get a girlfriend if you are a nice upstanding guy.
keep wallowing in your misfortunes of being a nice guy.
</sarcasm>

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We went all over this in the recent eakers post where she wanted to know why she's that way.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I think gorgeous women and good-looking guys end up together most of the time...but you really don't notice it because it looks so natural.

When they're with jerks though, you pick your head up and say "How the hell did that happen?"

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999

<< However, I know that the vast majority do eventually grow out of it, in most aspects. >>

But that's the problem!! By the time they grow out of it, they're no longer babes!!

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<<

<< However, I know that the vast majority do eventually grow out of it, in most aspects. >>

But that's the problem!! By the time they grow out of it, they're no longer babes!!
>>

Ha ha...so growing out of it really means getting uglier so they can't have what they want anymore :)

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
Somebody who wants a girl for nothing more than her looks deserves whatever sort of mistreatment she ladels upon him.

Just my opinion

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< Jerboy, I think I would have to go with the less personaltiy girl, or neither. >>

Me too. Or I'd go with the less personality guy. Never the other two.

Personality is very important and so is looks. There is a limit to how much it can compensate each other. I wouldn't want to make-out with some really nice total ugly person. In my opinion, good personality can't compensate the ugliness fully and vice versa. I'd be happy to be friends with the ugly girl as long as she doesn't touch me..