Are flip-flops really needed when showing in dorms?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I never wore flip-flops and I never had a problem but I should have considering all the crap people were doing in the shower.

I'm just glad I didn't slip on someone's DNA and hit my head on the floor. :D

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Or a single visit to get the thing lasered away. I had one on my foot several years ago. I got two injections of novicaine in my foot, and then I was treated to the smell of my own foot burning. The wart was incinerated completely away.
For a lot of people it isn't that simple, laser is not 100% effective. Some people aren't so lucky and their wart(s) recur after everything the doctor throws at them. You're far better off never having to deal with them.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
You can probably get by like other people have, but why not invest in a pair of flip-flops for a couple bucks?

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
I didn't use flip flops, even though I had them. My suitemates were all pretty clean and the showers got cleaned pretty often, so i wasn't worried too much about the showers. Just ran the water really hot for a little while, then got in.

Might as well go buy them so you have them in case your showers are really nasty.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: WisMan
i never used flip flops and the last time i checked i didnt have anything growing on my feet.

you don't look closely enough.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Heh, I dunno how your dorms are gonna be, but at mine, it was disgusting, you didn't want to touch the floor if at all possible. One time I went to take a shower and the drain was clogged and there was garbage floating in this disgustingly opaque water. Oh, and I think that more people had sex in the showers than in their room heh.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Dunbar
Originally posted by: rdubbz420
some people 'rub it out' in the shower to.:Q

If they could pull it off in the puny showers at my college dorm than more power to them. The possibility of it happenging didn't bother me, the water washes it down the drain. By definition a bathroom shared by a group of 18 year old men is going to be disgusting. You can be a man and live with it or a sissy and let it bother you.

Hmm, I dunno whose definition of a man includes standing in other guys semen every day...

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Yes, I slipped on some suspicious sticky white fluid in the shower and that was nasty. I'm in an apartment right now though so I don't care, I pretty sure the guys I live with don't have athlete's foot or any weird foot disease.