Are ez-cd-creator's days numbered?

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
This news story is pretty interesting. It mentions that EMI (large music label) has a deal going with Roxio, makers of EZ-CD-Creator to pump less than 50 million into the company.

Two quotes in this article got me:
""Our goal is to enable consumers to legally download and record music to CD in a consumer-friendly manner while fairly compensating copyright owners and creators," Duea said"

and:
"By partnering with a market leader such as Roxio, EMI will work to develop ways for consumers to easily record authorized music onto recordable CDs," said Jay Samit, senior vice president, New Media, EMI Recorded Music."

Interesting. To me that just screams out that emi is going to try and put some form of copy protection in the product. I've noticed more and more people turning to different solutions for their burning solution. Will this be what drives most people to nero at last?

Sure any copy protection would be easily bypassed most likely. But you also have to remember now with napster you can misspell an artist or title and still find music, yet their number of users has dropped alot...What do you think?

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
No arguement there, but I do think that ez is still more popular in the bundled packages! perhaps this will change it.

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
These people do realize that after about a month all that encryption and protection would be put to waste...they are just wasting all their money...*sigh*

JohnnyKnoxville

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2001
Good reason to start your own cd burning software company and have the record labels throw 50 mil. your way to shut you up.Hmm lessee I always wanted a porsche and a lambo parked in my garage ;)

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
anyone know how to remove the gaps between audio tracks in Nero? Thx!

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001

<< anyone know how to remove the gaps between audio tracks in Nero? Thx! >>

I think it's one of the filters. Sorry, can't check for sure, Nero isn't installed on my WinME partition.

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
I've used Nero for two years on about ten different burners IDE and SCSI. It's hands down some of the best software I have. Works flawlessly everytime. Those Germans do their homework!

colossus

Lifer
Dec 2, 2000

<< anyone know how to remove the gaps between audio tracks in Nero? Thx! >>

When you burn in DAO (Disc At Once) mode it allows you to kill the 2 second standard gap that is placed in songs.

I still use EZCD for some things like Audio. Nero still hasn't made their interface as easy to use. Plus it wasn't able to burn CD-Text in DAO at 16X for some reason (only allowed me to write CD-TEXT in TAO). EZCD allowed me to burn DAO with CD-TEXT and since I can read CD-TEXT, I want that feature!

Whatever EZCD can't do I use CloneCD. Nero is still great for overburns though :)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< These people do realize that after about a month all that encryption and protection would be put to waste...they are just wasting all their money...*sigh* >>

A whole month? You are assuming that they are going to be taking 3 weeks vacation in that month right?

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the heads-up, I was not aware of that. Yup, that takes Roxio out of the mix for burning software. The last thing I need is some RIAA-sanctioned package to burn stuff.

&quot;Error, you are trying to burn an MP3. We don't care whether you purchased the CD or not, you may not copy that MP3. You've already played that MP3 37 times, putting you in violation of the latest RIAA music usage specifications. Please click here to send $500 to the RIAA for your violation. Click &quot;Yes&quot; to agree or your hard drives will be formatted. Thank You.&quot; ;)