are downloads to a tablet supposed to be this slow

Aug 11, 2008
I have an Acer tablet, Iconia A-100 i believe. It has a dual core A-9 with 1 gb of ram.

Downloads are unbearably slow. I mean really, really excruciating. I have been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to download a nook reading app of 8.1 mB. (mega-bites !!!)

I have a wireless network and reasonably fast DSL internet. Are tablets really this slow to download, or is it just the one that I have? Fortunately I got a deal and only paid 200.00 for this thing, but the slow downloads are almost a deal breaker for me.

ChronoReverse

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2004
Maybe something is broken? The touchpad has known bad wifi drivers but still downloads way faster than that.

Aug 11, 2008
Maybe something is broken? The touchpad has known bad wifi drivers but still downloads way faster than that.

Actually it may be some kind of software glitch. Every time I try to install an app, the moving bar under the little android thing just keeps moving forever, but I think the download has in fact finished a long time ago. Maybe I am just not that familiar with Android, but the whole OS seems kind of buggy.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Strange. No problems on an ASUS Eee pad transformer (TF101). I'm downloading apps and files at ~1MB/s.