Are demographics changing the "solid south"

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I work for Verizon, who owns the data infrastructure for the Commonwealth of PA. I was just on a call (it ended while I was typing out the response about Jesus) discussing the proxy server problems for two PA agencies. I would have tested and troubleshot the data connections between the proxies and the agency sites had it been needed. They wanted to start there, but I insisted they check the proxy logs first to see if the agencies were getting there or not. Since the proxies were sending an error page to the agencies, I knew they were but needed it proven out.

They were hitting the proxies, so my role was then to just sit on the call in case I was needed for anything else. Turns out one of the four proxy servers had a corrupted ruleset and doing a push to it fixed the problem.

Took a long time to get to this point because of the involvement of government agencies - the troubleshooting moved at the speed of government.

EDIT: Yes, I am one of those people who others look at and say "Man, I wish I had HIS job!" :)

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
:D Nah, I am multitasking. ():)

The call is over, another call will not start for a few hours. You guys will miss me. :wub:

Actually, what you are doing is called wasting time. Like most people in this country you do very little for way too much and then blame the government that put that amazing system into place for you to thrive in with almost no effort. Shocking, I know.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You have obviously never sat through a multi hour conference call where your attendance was required but you did not have any input. One day you might get a job. When you do, you might get one that has conference calls. If this unlikely scenario happens, you will then understand.

In the event the likely happens and you never are asked to be part of a conference call, you can read Dilbert and gain some insight.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
You have obviously never sat through a multi hour conference call where your attendance was required but you did not have any input. One day you might get a job. When you do, you might get one that has conference calls. If this unlikely scenario happens, you will then understand.

In the event the likely happens and you never are asked to be part of a conference call, you can read Dilbert and gain some insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhWhy2VGaY8

Enjoy your life, sucker.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No thanks, I love my job. I enjoy the technical aspects of it, and the conference calls allow me to post here, much to your dismay. :)

I am one of those people who get paid to do a job he enjoys doing. My life is good, God has blessed me.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
lol, oh cybrsage, that's classic. Your job explains so, so much about you.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I only ever called you a stalker. If I said that about anyone else, it was in error. Can you link me to where I called someone other than you a stalker?

LOL, yes you are always in error here it seems....you can't even remember when you accuse people of criminal activity?

Let me remind you, since you "claim" to forget":
Link

You have accused me and two other people in this thread of criminal activity for no reason or proof, other then you are a troll.

But you know this already, don't you?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
LOL, yes you are always in error here it seems....you can't even remember when you accuse people of criminal activity?

Let me remind you, since you "claim" to forget":
Link

You have accused me and two other people in this thread of criminal activity for no reason or proof, other then you are a troll.

But you know this already, don't you?

You must love being shown wrong a LOT because you have put this idiocy in many threads. Here you go:

stalk·er

  /ˈstɔkər/ http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.htmlShow Spelled[staw-ker] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.htmlShow IPA
noun 1. a person who pursues game, prey, or a person stealthily.
2. a person who harasses another person, as a former lover, a famous person, etc., in an aggressive, often threatening and illegal manner: Hollywood stars often have security guards to keep dangerous stalkers at bay.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stalker?s=t

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
Also Europe, Canada and Australia are seeing a fast rising % of non-whites. I would say that the tables have made a 180 as far as white dominance of the world goes, with the former in a steady decline now both in terms of sheer numbers and as a % of every country in the West. Which is a good thing as Colonialism was nasty and karma is at work..

Asians aren't ruled by elites that inflict mass 3rd world immigration onto the unwilling host populations of their countries (at least not yet). Whites are starting to wake up though at least in Europe, as you see with the much needed rise of ethnic nationalism. The colonialism jab is just sour grapes from loser cultures that for whatever reason couldn't get their shit together and industrialize themselves to compete on a global scale.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
This forum must not have many techies in it...no comments on the awesome video in post 135.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
You must love being shown wrong a LOT because you have put this idiocy in many threads. Here you go:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stalker?s=t

Once, again, no point from you? You claimed you didn't call anyone else a stalker....I have PROVED YOU WRONG AGAIN.

So you lied, would you like to admit now that you lied, or are you going to continue to claim you didn't write those posts, LOL? Remember, you claim to report people for willful misinformation, I have shown your own posts calling several other people stalkers.....so lets see an apology and admitting you are wrong. You would hate to have to report yourself for willful misinformation, right?

Are you claiming you didn't post this?

I only ever called you a stalker. If I said that about anyone else, it was in error. Can you link me to where I called someone other than you a stalker?

So you lied, again, and now that you have been proved wrong, AGAIN, you are ignoring you are wrong and lying. Gee, known troll lying and trolling, that is shocking!

Criminal accusations are not done lightly by rational people.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Never made that claim. Your entire faux outrage is based on something you made up.

His outrage is based on the fact that you refuse to debate with him and instead call him a stalker. Thus you ARE a troll and need to be ignored.

Follow the instructions in my sig if you don't know how.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Never made that claim. Your entire faux outrage is based on something you made up.

LOL, as you like to point out to everyone else, and somehow think it dosen't apply to you, willful misinformation is against forum rules.

Your quote is right here:

I gave links to your posts where you accused myself and two other members of stalking. You have willfully lied, once again.

So again, you got proof of anything, or are you just going to spam a dictionary reference again and again? (spamming is agasint forum rules too you know) So put up or apologize troll.

Oh, and reported to the mods for inuslts and willfull ignorance.