Are demographics changing the "solid south"

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Yes, you absolutely did violate the rule Idontcare quite clearly articulate. Time to man up and say you are wrong.

But yes, Idontcare is taking a break. Had you read the forum annoucement, you would know this.

Last post I will make about you eating an entire murder of crows...and then pretending you did not.

Yes, because Idontcare is the only mod/admin?

Why don't you answer whether i broke the 'misinformation' rule or not? Run away little piggy!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The thread has been taken off topic far enough by you. Return to the topic of the thread.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
For what it's worth, I was posting as a member in this thead. Not as an admin. If I had posted as an admin; something the moderators and admins try to always adhere to when posting in that capacity, it would have been in caps (like this) and signed
-Admin DrPizza (like this.)

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
You probably noticed, but I was was successfully using their own failed logic against them...and they ran like cowards from it...while still pretending it worked.

But since you asked, even though you did so in a pretty lame way, I will show you, via an actual lawsuit:

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=11270

The Frederick Douglas Foundation agrees with the lawsuit.

http://www.icontact-archive.com/vYs-Zyo3vj9g_57o0kqV3gG521zwvWdH?w=2

But what about Howard Dean...is he considered the ancient past? Nah, he is the present as well:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1637094

Ah yes, good old Howard...of course he expects his servants to be black, he is a democrat after all.

Past and present are both accounted for. Of course, everyone keeps pretending Senator Byrd never existed, but we all know this powerful Democrat was a KKK member. We all also know the Civil Rights Act of the 60s (that is modern day stuff no matter how much you want to pretend the 60s came before Mohammed was born) was voted against by the democrats.

Of course, we also only have to look at how the DNC and its voters treat conservative blacks. The horrible slurs thrown at them would make MLK Jr. cry.

So only if we ignore the past, and the present, actions of the DNC can we pretend they are not a racist party.

Done and done. Now I return you all to your crying that the DNC is perfect and Obama is to be worshipped due to his awesomeness.

Not to move the goalposts, but rather, to state them again:
Democrat Party is currently using racist strategies.
I didn't ask if there were racist Democrats. Of course there are. Any twit knows that there are racists of all types (and races.) I said strategies. You chose some particular lawsuit. I didn't open both links; I opened the second one after the Frederick Douglas foundation agrees... According to that, the only thing about the present they're objecting to is that the democratic party (who in the past supported slavery; history 101, duh) isn't apologizing and giving money in reparations for slavery, like the apology they gave to those who were in Japanese internment camps & reparations paid to those people.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering restating this. I'm sure you'll dig up a somewhat trivial racist policy while ignoring a much more far reaching policy (voter disenfranchisement.) There's no way that you wouldn't be able to find something that doesn't arguably affect one race more than another.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
For what it's worth, I was posting as a member in this thead. Not as an admin. If I had posted as an admin; something the moderators and admins try to always adhere to when posting in that capacity, it would have been in caps (like this) and signed
-Admin DrPizza (like this.)

I respect that. However, i find it odd that i haven't received any PM's from any admins for violating the 'misinformation' policy since cybersage is so adamant i violated that policy. Which i obviously did not.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
After Nixon's "southern strategy" which aligned the Republicans with the whites in the south who were racist the south has been a lock for the Republicans, excluding the year Carter, a southerner took some southern states.

I had thought that Virginia and North Carolina were changing, but I figured it was the Bush disaster that brought both into the Democratic column. Looking at the polls Obama leads in both states. I knew Virginia had been changing pretty fast but North Carolina?

Virginia voted solidy for a Republican for President for 40 years and with the exception of LBJ in 1964 it voted Republican for 56 years until it went Democratic in 2008.

North Carolina voted Republican for 28 years up until it went Democratic in 2008.

Are we seeing a major shift? While Republicans have made some inroads in the north, like Pennsylvania, they still haven't broken thru.

After another 4 or 8 years if the trend continues Virginia and North Carolina could be solidly Democratic.

The big question is Florida which has also been pretty much Republican but has moved into a pick'em state. Florida has also seen the same demographic shifts so the question is will this be the last year it is still pick'em and moves into the Democratic column?

What I think happened in 2008 is that the racist white voters didn't take the Democrat's prospects in the race very seriously. They figured there was no way a black guy could win and so they weren't motivated to go to the polls. NC will go back to red in the '12 presidential race I'm sure.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
What I think happened in 2008 is that the racist white voters didn't take the Democrat's prospects in the race very seriously. They figured there was no way a black guy could win and so they weren't motivated to go to the polls. NC will go back to red in the '12 presidential race I'm sure.

It's amazing how quickly people will forget a near catastrophic crash created by the supposed Economic Party (Repubs), isn't it?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Ever heard of figurative speech? Here's another one: the admin bitch slapped you. No not literally. You idiot.

++

cybrtroll got smacked down big time from the mods, and they publicly said he was lying and trolling.

And yet he still is trying to conflate DNC and GOP......very sad and pathetic really.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
You are not still pretending Sen Byrd was not a high ranking democrat, are you, you creepy stalker?

LOL, Mr "owned by the mods" troll......once again, DNC has NOTHING to do with this thread.

Start your own if you can without trolling/locking/banning (yet again).

Just another example of your downward spiral to banning :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Self denial is strong with this one...

Do you think you are doing anything around here but make conservatives look like liars?

You are a terrible propagandist.

But hey, keep selling that rope. And wrapping it around your own neck.

If you are a parody poster, good job, any rightwinger with a lick of sense pretty much abandoned this forum and even trying anymore with you stinking up the message.

That sucks. When you are banned it will be cool to have a few folks who think outside the corporate PR box around here instead of Rush Limbaugh talking point rehashes.

Your crap is so Bush era 2000s *yawn*

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Sadly, I've suspected what you said is true. Basically this is the raison d'etre for for the tea party and what happened in the 2010 election.

I too, would be very surprised if NC went for Obama now. Virginia surprisingly may be up for grabs. It's fortunate that the part of Virginia that I grew up in (northern Virginia) is the most liberal and fastest growing part of the state which is changing things.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
What a classic thread. I feel bad for people that post drivel on a forum 36+ times per day. It must be so disheartening to have such a meager life.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Not to move the goalposts, but rather, to state them again:

I didn't ask if there were racist Democrats. Of course there are. Any twit knows that there are racists of all types (and races.) I said strategies. You chose some particular lawsuit. I didn't open both links; I opened the second one after the Frederick Douglas foundation agrees... According to that, the only thing about the present they're objecting to is that the democratic party (who in the past supported slavery; history 101, duh) isn't apologizing and giving money in reparations for slavery, like the apology they gave to those who were in Japanese internment camps & reparations paid to those people.

It includes more recent info that just the long, long, long history of horrific racism the DNC has pushed onto America.

How about the guy working directly for Obama saying this, and Obama not having a problem with it:

“Think about that,” Holder said. “When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, and to compare what people were subjected to there to what happened in Philadelphia—which was inappropriate, certainly that…to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all, for my people,” said Holder, who is black.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3FJE4qQbS0

This is why the DNC controlled Justice Department did not bother to actually do anything to the Black Panthers. He admits it was wrong, but not as bad as what whites did in the past so he did not bother to do anything.

This means the Dept of Justice is operating using racist policies. They are DNC controlled.

I know you and the other libs here will defend Holder for doing nothing about voter intimidation, but Holder makes it clear why he did nothing.

It is not a surprise, when the President himself is a racist, as outlined in his books and shown here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/coilofrage.asp

Cannot copy from the snopes page, so you have to look for yourself. Their response is that the some of the list obviously shows Obama is a racist, while other potions of the list do not.

Here is a superpac ad, showing a continued policy of racism from the President...the guy who enforces the rules and makes quite a few of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MYcGui5JrQg

I'm not sure why I'm bothering restating this. I'm sure you'll dig up a somewhat trivial racist policy while ignoring a much more far reaching policy (voter disenfranchisement.) There's no way that you wouldn't be able to find something that doesn't arguably affect one race more than another.

This is why I did not bother to respond to the silly accusations of racism...photo ID laws are NOT RACIST. When you pretend something is racist, then go on to use that as a support to show racism is used, then anything at all can be a racist policy. Your odd view that something equally applied to all is racist is duly noted and scoffed at.

You then say anything I dig up you will automatically classify as not racist, since that is the only way to continue pretending only "the other guys" are racist so you can feel good about "your guys".

But if requiring everyone to show IDs to prove identity is a racist policy, the DNC and Obama have some explaining to do about their racist policy of requiring everyone to show IDs to prove identity:

CLEVELAND — President Barack Obama's presidential campaign checked the identification of the supporters attending Obama's "framing" event at Cuyahoga Community College today.
The 1,500 supporters in attendance picked up tickets at campaign offices in Northeast Ohio beginning on Monday, though tickets to the event made no mention of an ID requirement.
Jessica Kershaw, the Obama campaign's Ohio Press Secretary, confirmed in a statement to BuzzFeed that the campaign checked every supporter's identification at the door.
"We checked every ID at the door to make sure it matched with the name on the ticket that supporters filled out," she said. "We did this for every person who came in."
The Obama campaign has faced infiltrators from the Romney campaign, which has deployed aides and volunteers to blend in with supporters and attend Obama events.
Republicans point out that while they check IDs for their supporters, the Obama administration opposes efforts to require identification at polling places on election day — so called voter ID laws — arguing they are discriminatory.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/obama-campaign-checks-ids-at-the-door

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

Because if we have learned anything since the 2008 election... if you didn't vote for Barack Obama... you are a racist black stomping white aryan supremacist.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
cybrsage: the posters in this thread have demonstrated that the Republicans were and ARE using racism to their advantage. They have provided links - which you demanded. You appear to be attempting to turn the table by claiming the Democrats were and ARE a racist party. You have failed to back up this claim. I don't think you need to bother with the past - any twit knows that in the past each of the parties was racist. (Well, except you; you needed proof, though anyone with reasonable intelligence who has spent any amount of time online would recognize the quote as being from wikipedia, and anyone with half a brain who really cared where the quote came from would be able to google it in less time than it took to distract from the conversation with that entire little 4th grade quarreling over posting a link and failure.)

What I/we're asking for is for YOU to back up your claim that the Democrat Party is currently using racist strategies. They've ALREADY backed up their claim that the RNC is using/attempting to use racist strategies.

I'm impressed

Blow back on a paid Republican shill :thumbsup:

Never thought I would see the day :cool:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
However, you did make a claim that I am being paid to post. Back this up or admit you lied. The purposeful spreading of false information is not allowed, so put up or admit you lied.

LOL x one million at the irony of the guy that gets owned by just about everyone for lying, and then accuses others of spreading false information.

Talk about pure comedy from the #1 liar on the forum.

So you admit you lied calling me a racist?

So you admit you lied when you called me and others stalkers?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
LOL x one million at the irony of the guy that gets owned by just about everyone for lying, and then accuses others of spreading false information.

Talk about pure comedy from the #1 liar on the forum.

So you admit you lied calling me a racist?

So you admit you lied when you called me and others stalkers?

For someone who claims that being called a stalker is a lie you sure seem to follow cybersage and reply to him every chance you get. (This is easily seen by clicking on your username and viewing more post made by you)

Maybe you should place him on ignore and move on.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Is that what they teach you to say in the gulags?

I am not the one who defends the private prison industry. In a country with more in prison then any other in the world by factors.

Ironically enough since you bring up ancient Russian history, gulags were a creation of the right wing czarist regime. Same with German camps. Oh, same with death camps funded by good old Republican Reagan in south America that raped nuns.....and the torture chambers of GW Bush worldwide. etc etc

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I am not the one who defends the private prison industry. In a country with more in prison then any other in the world by factors.

Either am I, but when did the truth stop you from saying things, eh?

Ironically enough since you bring up ancient Russian history, gulags were a creation of the right wing czarist regime.

You need to learn your history a little better:

The Gulag (Russian: ГУЛаг, tr. GULag; IPA: [ɡʊˈlak] ( listen)) was the government agency that administered the main Soviet forced labor camp systems.[1] While the camps housed a wide range of convicts, from petty criminals to political prisoners, large numbers were convicted by simplified procedures, such as NKVD troikas and other instruments of extrajudicial punishment. The Gulag is recognized as a major instrument of political repression in the Soviet Union.
GULag is the acronym for Chief Administration of Corrective Labor Camps and Colonies (Russian: Гла́вное управле́ние исправи́тельно-трудовы́х лагере́й и коло́ний, tr. Glavnoye upravlyeniye ispravityel'no-trudovih lagyeryey i koloniy) of the NKVD. It was officially created on April 25, 1930 and dissolved on January 13, 1960.[2]

Formation and expansion under Stalin
The Gulag was officially established on April 25, 1930 as the ULAG by the OGPU order 130/63 in accordance with the Sovnarkom order 22 p. 248 dated April 7, 1930. It was renamed as the Gulag in November of that year.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_gulag

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The issue is my generation and the surrounding ones. Believe it or not, we're not as bigoted as our parents on average, even the conservative ones. There are tons of young, socially moderate conservatives who are being completely alienated by the culture wars the right insists on perpetrating. But the right has made the decision to appeal more to the previous generation, to old, rich, flabby fundies and country bumpkins who can barely check their email.

Eventually that generation will die out, and within the next 4 decades I imagine you'll see a significant social shift in the Republican platform.

/this

The Baby Boomers are the last bastion of the facist, racist, sexist generations that came before them, which is one reason they are trying so hard to cash out as much as they can. The younger southerners are much more accepting, sharing, and inclusive; for the most part, than their older counterparts ever were.

Some people down here still adhere to the old ways, but they are usually the people who cannot spell and sit in their log cabin with their shotgun and think everyone is trying to steal their money.