are compusa employees trained to piss off customers??

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
was at compusa today tryign to get a repair on a laptop that had a $350 comprehensive extended "2 year" warranty. nevermind that the warranty only covers 1 year out of the manufacturer's warranty.. but that's a whole other story. so the hard drive is dead and i wanted to drop off the drive and for them to call me up when they get a new one in because I do not want to leave my $2000 laptop there for 2 weeks and have their incompetent techs work on it. they would NOT let me do that even though the drive is in a removable caddy that comes out in 2 secs and i showed them how it was dead. but they said they had to have their techs troubleshoot it before they can authorize getting a new drive. i spoke to all levels of management but each one just pissed me off more..giving me excuses about ppl who drop off stuff and never pick it up and they'd have to return perfectly good parts and whatever else they can come up with out of their ass. needless to say ...i left the laptop there and came outta there an unhappy customer.. like EVERYTIME I GO THERE. i just want to tell everyone to NEVER EVER buy anything at compusa.. i'm sure most of you already knew that but this is my sister's laptop and she wanted to buy it at a big store but now i gotta take care of this for her. NEVER EVER fall for extended warranties either. just not worth it. nothing on this laptop costs $350 .. MAYBE the screen but those things hardly go bad unless you drop it. also post any bad experiences you guys have had with compusa asides from their everyday high prices.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
You mean people whom know anything about computers still shop there????;) OK, OK, I check out their sale bill from time to time for software and paper goods......but that's it! Also, I agree.....NEVER buy into the extended scam.....;)

Apr 5, 2000

<< and i showed them how it was dead. but they said they had to have their techs troubleshoot it before they can authorize getting a new drive >>

That's like taking your car back to the dealer because the window won't roll down anymore and giving them the door, expecting them to replace the window in the door and for them to screw the door back on once they get a new window.

I'll admit, my second computer had a CompUSA warranty on it and they took 2 weeks to announce my hard drive was dead even though I knew that when I took it in there, but that's how the warranty works. I mean, hey - if it's really that bad, you can spend $150 and buy your own new hard drive instead of waiting a week to get a new one under a warranty plan. Your choice.

Rainguy

Elite Member
Apr 13, 2000
I would have &quot;accidently&quot; stumbled on the way out of the store and knocked over the Maxtor hard drive display :D

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<<

<< and i showed them how it was dead. but they said they had to have their techs troubleshoot it before they can authorize getting a new drive >>

That's like taking your car back to the dealer because the window won't roll down anymore and giving them the door, expecting them to replace the window in the door and for them to screw the door back on once they get a new window.
>>

Not quite, like he said the drive is in an easily removable caddy. It would be more like having a problem with a car radio and instead of just taking it out for them to service, they'd demand holding the car for 2 weeks as well.

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
i am almost willing to bet my computer will come back in worse condition than it came in..which is why i did NOT want to leave it in there for them to have their way with it. i dont care if that's the way their warranty works. they are not a customer oriented company which is my point. they do not CARE if their customers walk out of there pissed because they know there are always other suckers they can jack.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< Pretender - well that's how CompUSA's extended warranty works. Why should they make an exception for him? >>

If they cared about customers, they'd realize that it would help him and not make their job harder. Of cource customer service is dead, so I suppose you're right.