Are Antec Powersupplies any good?

The Day Dreamer

Nov 5, 2013
I got this Antec BP350, which is not listed anywhere on the Internet(my 2-3 attempts).

Is it good?

Last edited:

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
The brand is fine. Have had Antec on several PCs over the years. As with any unit, make sure you are running a unit that is adequate for you hardware's power requirements.

mikek753

Dec 21, 2005
I never had any issues with Sonata built in Antec PSU 500W
till I upgraded to Antec TruePower Series 750W 80+ Gold :'( for better video card that takes more power

test your PSU while you can return it

cruzinforit

Mar 16, 2013
The BP350 is an extremely basic power supply (as the name implies). Antec in general makes decent to very good power supplies (Some of their older ones are ones to avoid, such as the Smartpower and bluepower series, thanks to the terrible Fuhjyyu capacitors they used). The BP350 is made by Delta, so it's well designed. You will typically find Ltec, CapXon, and Teapo capacitors in these, so it's not one I'd expect to last much beyond about 4-5 years of use, and the efficiency of these units is not very good (mid 70% range is about the best you can expect). But for a basic system, they are a solid, inexpensive choice- far better than most of the power supplies you find in this price range, which are typically over-rated to hell and back, are poorly designed, and use even worse capacitors.