Are all these "blue light filter" features just the "Blue" in the RGB setting sscaled down?

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
My ASUS MG248G has a blue light filter but when it's enabled, it doesn't let me adjust my brightness (which is set too high). Just curious if all these blue light filter features really do is just a preset which lowers the RGB Blue down, then I'll just do this and set the brightness down myself.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
My ASUS MG248G has a blue light filter but when it's enabled, it doesn't let me adjust my brightness (which is set too high). Just curious if all these blue light filter features really do is just a preset which lowers the RGB Blue down, then I'll just do this and set the brightness down myself.

Yes...

Basically it's built in F.Lux to the monitor.

If blue light really does bother you, which is rare but it does bother some people, then either wear some yellow glasses or install F.Lux. If you rather go the glasses route then be aware that any yellow tinted glasses are going to do the same thing when it comes to scattering the blue light. So a cheapie pair of yellow safety glasses is all you need.