are all 2200+'s Tbred B's?

ChampionAtTufshop

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002
no not all
you need to look at cpu to check it (stepping specifically..if it ends with "B" then its "B"....if "A", then its "A")

dinde

Jan 26, 2003
damn, cuz i cant order over the net, and the place thats near me has to order it for me and cant get specific ones :(

dinde

Jan 26, 2003
1st, i live in the middle of nowhere, so no stores near me except this one. 2nd i dont have a cc and dad is afraid it wil lbe stolen if its used on the net :(

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dinde
1st, i live in the middle of nowhere, so no stores near me except this one. 2nd i dont have a cc and dad is afraid it wil lbe stolen if its used on the net :(

Many places let you call up and give your CC # over the phone

dinde

Jan 26, 2003
hmm wait! they keep 2100+'s in stock (sweet). so, is it marked on the box? u have a pic or something? (yes i know this sounds stupid but everyone knows everyone here and i dont wanna look like an idiot haha)

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BigJ2078

With all of the police scanners that intercept cordless phone conversations I'd be leery of giving out my CC over the phone. ;)

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: John
Originally posted by: BigJ2078

With all of the police scanners that intercept cordless phone conversations I'd be leery of giving out my CC over the phone. ;)

Fine, you can also setup an arrangement over the phone and mail a check or money order! :D

For example: Newegg.com also takes
? Prepaid Company Check, Personal Check, Cashier Check or Money Order

Unless you're going to tell me it might be intercepted by Aliens that secretly scan packages for money orders and checks ;)

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
just one word... blame canada :( .. well 2 actually

Oh no, you're Canadian too :confused:! Hehe.

But you're in luck.

Vibe Computers allows you to place phone orders and then send them a money order for Canucks!

mschell

Oct 9, 1999
I've found through some research that most of the current +2200 boxed processors are the A version so try to go with an OEM chip if you can. You should get a better heatsink in any case if you want to overclock and I guess you do if you want a B version

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
what about the current 2100+'s? are those all a's also?

On VibeComputers, all the 2100+s they're selling are TBred Bs.

bgeh

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001
i can't help you if you want to check by seeing the reait box, but you can check by looking at the sticker at the cpu
AX2100DMT3C -Palomino
AXDA2100DLT3C -T-Bred A
AXDA2100DUT3C -T-Bred B

dinde

Jan 26, 2003
theres only 1 prod code for each type? (comparing to teh p4's that have many many)

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
theres only 1 prod code for each type? (comparing to teh p4's that have many many)

What BGEH listed are the generic product codes for almost every processor 'cept the 2200+ I believe.

What is unique on some of the processors is the stepping, which is the 2nd line of information written on the Tbred cores.
Certain steppings just happen to overclock better then others, with most of the XP 2100+ Tbred Bs hitting at least 2.2ghz with adequate cooling.

bgeh

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001
note that the 2100 implies the XP2100+
for steppings,
AGOIA,AROIA-Palomino(there are many more)
AIUGA-T-Bred A(there are many more)
AIUCB,AIUGB,AIUHB-T-Bred B

for dates,
0251 means that made in Year 2002, Week 51
0302 means that made in Year 2003, Week 2

the code that you wil see on the proc is
XX----XXX-X(Palomino) or XXXX----XXX-X(Both T-Breds)
XXXXX----XXXX
X means letters and - represents numbers

for the 2200+ or 2400+ and up, the codes are a little different(i forgot them already)

dinde

Jan 26, 2003
GREAT thanx!!! if anyone can dig up the 2200+ codes for me (dont bother with the 2400+ im too cheap to buy it anyways :) ) i would greatly appreciate it!!

P.S u said that AXDA2100DUT3C means tbred b, and this is marke don the proc. so were is AIUCB,AIUGB,AIUHB marked? are there any other letters/numbers included in the sequence?

(also for all u ppl who told me those stores, thanx. but i stil gotta get it from this store :( , /me beats his dad with a baseball bat :p )

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Ask and you shall receive :)

2200+

TBredA: If the website you're ordering from shows an order code of AXDA2200DKV3C, that's a Thoroughbred A.

TBredB: If the website you're ordering from shows an order code of AXDA2200DUV3C, that's a Thoroughbred B.

When I said this:
What is unique on some of the processors is the stepping, which is the 2nd line of information written on the Tbred cores.
Certain steppings just happen to overclock better then others, with most of the XP 2100+ Tbred Bs hitting at least 2.2ghz with adequate cooling.

Is referring to the AIUHB, AIUGB AIRGA, RIRGA that people commonly talk about. Remember, any code ending in a B signifies Tbred B (AIUHB, AIUGB, JIUHB), while any code ending in an A signifies Tbred A (RIRGA, AIRGA, etc)