Are 27" and 30" monitors worth the premium for gaming?

bamaaviator

Apr 14, 2008
Currently I run 3 24" Asus VW246H monitors with a 5870. No issues with graphics or anything, but since a lot of games dont really support 3 monitor support, I was wondering if anyone had experience just upgrading the size and or resolution of their monitors?

I was looking at the Dell ultrasharps and wondering would it be better if I just got 3 more 27" and ran them at 1900x1080 or whatever, or if I should just get 1 30" monitor and use the 2560 resolution screens.

Anyone have experience or advice on the matter?

alachua

Dec 9, 2010
It really depends on what you plan and how you use your pc. I have had my 30" Dell for two years and absolutely love it. Recently, I added a pair of 20" screens in portrait mode to add some additional real estate, but I haven't played with multi screen gaming. The higher resolution combined with lack of bezels is nice, plus they are fairly high quality screens. I came from a pair of 20" TN panels, so that alone was a nice bonus.

Personally, with a 30" screen at a decent desk distance away, it fills the great majority of my field of view, so much so that I have to actively move my head to see the far sides of my 20" screens to the sides of it. I wouldn't go back to a smaller screen for gaming and serious work (image editing/coding/3d modeling).