Are 100,000 deaths a 'very good job'?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Are 100,000 deaths a 'very good job'?

• No.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Dear GOD no!

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Yes.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • ... but her e-mails....

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Now the argument changes from no action to nothing significant, which is still objectively wrong.

My response is that, if you can't even google such simple things and will stubbornly argue against what information easily and readily available, even if I DO link you, you'll just deny and argue anyway, no matter what the reality is.

Welcome to P&N, Printed Circuit Bro. Re: The bolded by me above. Sorry, but here, if you make a material claim and are challenged to back it up with CREDIBLE links, you must do so.

Please do so.

Perknose
Forum Director
If you had any reading comprehension you would have notice "significant action" was in the original question #10

Now, what was the significant action taken in Jan?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm not a republican. I'm not a conservative.

This is exactly what gives away your hand.

Anyone who disagrees with you or who doesn't froth at the mouth in rage, goose stepping against Trump in hysterics right along side you is a Trump supporter.

This is why you fail.
Cowards don't answer questions which you still have yet to do. I mention Trump because you act just like him. Drop an unsubstantiated turd and hope it sticks. You leaned well from him.

My question was simple yet for some strange reason you will not answer it.

What action did Trump take in Jan? Don't wait for the translation.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Timelines of the administration's response here:

I see no concrete action other than travel restrictions in relation to China prior to March. For those arguing otherwise, show us what exactly you're talking about. Note: my use of the word "concrete" is meant to denote a lower standard than "significant" which was put forth earlier. It's just means some official action more than just talk. It's maybe debatable whether forming a task force on 1/27 was concrete because the problem is what actions were taken by said task force?

So we're looking for any actions even if relatively small. By that standard, so far as I can see, China travel restrictions were it.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
More evidence of the so called "very good job"?? People continue to grade Trump on a curve. Affirmative action for white guys. Don't forget what Trumpers said about Obama, 12K died from bird flu and they wanted Obama jailed.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I have a question for anyone who wants to answer.

If the US exceeds every country on Earth combined in deaths would that still be considered a "good job"??
I'll take no for half a million Alex.

I'll add a question of my own. If the US ends up at the same or below the per capita death rate of other first world countries, would that be a good job?
NOTE THAT I SAID PER CAPITA.

I'll add my prediction right now. The US rate will be below Italy and higher than Germany. The reason for that prediction has nothing to do with the actions of government or the quality of care the victims receive.

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

I'll add a question of my own. If the US ends up at the same or below the per capita death rate of other first world countries, would that be a good job?

I'll add my prediction right now. The US rate will be below Italy and higher than Germany. The reason for that prediction has nothing to do with the actions of government or the quality of care the victims receive.

Death rate, I suspect, would be indicative to a degree of a) the quality of the medical system and b) the level of spread of the virus, provided it hasn't overwhelmed the healthcare system.
C) rates will go up once A and B are no longer true
D) government actions can certainly play a role in the above - when businesses shut down, when social distancing is enacted, and how prepared the country's healthcare system is for handling coronavirus cases.

But don't worry everyone, Trump says he's ordered 29M doses of an unproven drug that other people need for real illnesses

Trump repeatedly says Americans should try the untested drug hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus, said his administration has ordered 29m doses to be distributed across the United States

I don't envy Fauci in trying to get a moron to understand what "valid scientific evidence" and "safe and efficacious" mean.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Even with that prediction you have placed the once great and mighty United States behind South Korea. Also the US and SK got their first positive case on the exact same date. How do you explain their relative success and our relative failure?? Why were they able to test so many of their population and US so few??

Having said that if we keep our per capita numbers at a level of South Korea I will consider it a good job.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

What other 1st world nations, specifically?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm not a republican. I'm not a conservative.

This is exactly what gives away your hand.

Anyone who disagrees with you or who doesn't froth at the mouth in rage, goose stepping against Trump in hysterics right along side you is a Trump supporter.

This is why you fail.
Cowards don't answer questions which you still have yet to do. I mention Trump because you act just like him. Drop an unsubstantiated turd and hope it sticks. You leaned well from him.

My question was simple yet for some strange reason you will not answer it.

What action did Trump take in Jan? Don't wait for the translation.
Roaches scatter when the light of facts are shone upon them

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Guess where the US falls in countries testing for COVID-19...

PER CAPITA?

Hint, it's somewhere near the bottom.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Guess where the US falls in countries testing for COVID-19...

PER CAPITA?

Hint, it's somewhere near the bottom.
looks even worse when you break it down by state. California and Texas are both under 3K test per 1M

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well, just more evidence of the "very good job" done by this administration. Numbers are eye opening

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Shit I just did the math. Someone please check. The United States has 100x more cases per capita of COVID-19 then the world totals

This one is easier to parse quickly, IMO. Click on USA to get state by state results, and sources from each state in last column.

Our testing per million population is lower than others, also. More confirmed cases + more survivors = lower mortality rates. Currently sitting around 3%