Arctic Silver III or Arctic Alumina or Céramique by Arctic Silver

DJMiX

Golden Member
May 31, 2001
Anyone want to explain which I should use?
This is for a AMD Duron.
Or all would work well

dew042

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2000
Originally posted by: shady06
all would work well

Céramique is incrediably easy to remove so i use it

i just tried ceramique - its superior to work with and the best temps to boot. i really like it.... really easy to clean and well....

dew.

LastRide

Jul 13, 2002
I would go with ceramique.It isn't conductive and therefor shouldn't void warranty.Its thicker than arctic silver so you have to play with it a little more to get a nice thin spread.It works just as good if not slightly better.

stevejst

Banned
May 12, 2002
There is no shortage of good thermal adhesives. I have so much AS3 that I don't think I'll be switching to anything new. But Ceramique, according to 4 or 5 reviews I have read, is about 1-2C better. Allumina is not better than AS3, according to most reviews I have read. OCZ Ultra II might be the best. It also all depends on the application and the size of die, you need to do that thin and precisely.
Here is more: comparison 1 and comparison 2
A note: their reviews does not match most of Alumina reviews elsewhere, usually behind AS3, so believe what you want.

stevejst

Banned
May 12, 2002
Nanotherm PCM+ > all if you can find it. Similar temps to Ceramique but easier to apply. $10 shipped from www.ithinkpc.com.

Now you made me thinking, if I can only scrap $10 under my car seats. :D

Playmaker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Even though I have a half tube of AS Ceramique left, I just ordered a tube of Nanotherm PCM+ from IThinkPC for my new Zalman CNPS7000AlCu. Even if temps are within 1-2C, Nanotherm being slightly cooler, the piece of mind that I know my application was perfect is worth it. Maybe the density throws me off compared to thermal pastes in the past, but I always feel like my Ceramique application isn't quite up to par for some reason. I'll be sure to post results of both the PCM+ and the HSF when I receive them.