Question ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 - Fan change and additional fans?

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I picked up an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 on a whim just to play around with an AIO. The reviews seem to be pretty good and thought, what the heck! So I guess my question is, would it perform better if I swapped out the fans to Noctua and/or possibly use 4 fans in a push/pull configuration? This is my first time using an AIO and do not know enough about it.

Let me know your thoughts!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Artic uses pretty decent fans so unless you mean the noctua industrial p series which scream at you when on full blast, no id say its not worth it.
It maybe worth adding another pair for fans for a sandwich if you want noise isolation as you can run the fans on low all the time this way and get good amount of heat transfer though the radiator.

But overall if you have them, then sandwich, if you don't then don't bother.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Artic uses pretty decent fans so unless you mean the noctua industrial p series which scream at you when on full blast, no id say its not worth it.
It maybe worth adding another pair for fans for a sandwich if you want noise isolation as you can run the fans on low all the time this way and get good amount of heat transfer though the radiator.

But overall if you have them, then sandwich, if you don't then don't bother.
Thanks for the feedback. I've used Arctic fans in the past, but everything I've built in the past couple of years have been all Noctua. So I wasn't sure if the stock fans could be improved upon from a performance/noise factor. I'll just leave them stock and may purchase some additional ones to do the push/pull sandwich, like you suggested.