ARCTIC COOLING Accelero S1 on 8800GT without fan?

redlinez33

Nov 11, 2007
Is it possible and is anyone running a Accelero S1 on there 8800GT without the fan accesory?

If so how does the cooling compared to stock? Or should I expect to get the addon fan accessory?

Also, how many slots does it take if you buy the addon fan accesory?

Thanks!

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Well there is an 8800GT that comes stock with an Accelero S1 (and the turbo module is optional) so yeah...

Plus every review of the S1 I've read says it's not only noise-free it's also a better cooler than the stock ones.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Piuc2020
Well there is an 8800GT that comes stock with an Accelero S1 (and the turbo module is optional) so yeah...

Plus every review of the S1 I've read says it's not only noise-free it's also a better cooler than the stock ones.

It does indeed look good! :)

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
You should get third party RAM heatsinks... Those things they send wit the (awesome) heatsink fall off really easily. If you cool it without a fan (maybe just stick a big 120mm fan and undervolt it?) then you need the memory heatsinks as well (I figured this out when my card started artifacting)

Expect idle temps of around 50C and load of around 70-80C, depending on the airflow.

The turbo module or a good fan would knock those temps down another 20C or so.

SilentPCReview did a review on the Accelero.

They tested with the X1950 series, which is nastier than the 8800GT.

The second link is to the Accelero S2, which is inferior.

link!
link!

They say the thermal tape for the S2 is better.

Boyd117

Nov 14, 2007
Speaking of new Ram sinks, theres a guy that made a custom set at XS that he now is selling thru petras, very well made and a sleek look...they screw on so you can use ceramic thermal paste. look for his thread his name is (iandh)