Arctic Cooling 12L fan $3 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
AA77861a.jpg

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch.asp?px=DS&scriteria=AA77861

Arctic Cooling 12L 120mm High Performance Low Noise Case Fan.
$6.99
-$4 sale
FREE shipping
= $2.99 shipped

This fan is "frameless" so look at the pictures before buying. Basically it is intended to be an exhaust fan in typical ATX cases. I guess Arctic Cooling was experimenting with ways to decrease noise. The frameless design, low 1000RPM, fluid dynamic bearings and integrated silicone grommets attest to that effort. However, SPCR tested it and found the results are not the sum. Thus, it is somewhat of a mediocre fan. However, it is a mediocre fan that is $3 shipped!

BTW it is a 3-pin fan, so no PWM. Also, it is EOL so not sure what you'll get as replacement if it fails within the 6 year warranty. Yup, this is old school Arctic Cooling with the long warranty. Not that you would pay shipping to RMA a fan that cost $3 out the door. Also, being an older Arctic Cooling fan, it probably has sleeved cables.

Silent PC Review's review

gamefreakgcb

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
Also bear in mind that cheap stuff like this from mwave takes forever to ship (in my experience). I ordered a bunch of thumbscrews from them for $1 or $2 shipped and they came after about a month.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Also bear in mind that cheap stuff like this from mwave takes forever to ship (in my experience). I ordered a bunch of thumbscrews from them for $1 or $2 shipped and they came after about a month.

Are you sure it was Mwave and not Meritline?

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
This. Mwave is usually 4-5 days.

Meritline is usually 4-5 weeks. :)

I've had good luck with Mwave as far as shipping goes. Most of the time they do ship same day as long as you order early.

Downside is I pay tax as I'm in CA....Upside is it's free upgrade to overnight shipping as I'm only about 40 miles from them :)

When looking for a deal I often check Mwave as they only ship from CA as far as I can tell. Newegg on the other hand has shipped some of my stuff from the east coast which takes forever.

gamefreakgcb

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
Yes it was mwave. I know about meritline also (order from there time to time), I was shocked myself until I saw that the damn package shipped from china too.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yes it was mwave. I know about meritline also (order from there time to time), I was shocked myself until I saw that the damn package shipped from china too.

So you coined the phrase " slow boat from China " I'm guessing :)

That would suck if it was something you kinda needed now!

Status
Not open for further replies.