Arafats' New Prime Minister -->>Financed The 1972 Munich Games Terrorist Attack..claims one of the terrorists

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Arafat's new PM behind
Munich Olympics attack?
PLO mastermind says leader touted as 'moderate' financed 1972 operation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 29, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Steve K. Walz
2003 WorldNetDaily.com

President Yasser Arafat's newly appointed Palestinian Authority prime minister does not have the pristine past touted by his supporters, charges an Israeli civil rights group.

Mahmoud Abbas, known as Abu Mazen, provided financing for the terrorist attack that killed 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, Germany, says Israeli attorney Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, director of the Shurat Hadin - Israel Law Center.

Abu Mazen

In a letter to President George W. Bush and German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, Darshan-Leitner called for an investigation into Abu Mazen's role in the Sept. 5, 1972, attack, carried out by Arafat's central Palestinian Liberation Organization faction Fatah.

The terrorist group, operating under the name "Black September," sent a squad of armed Palestinians to attack dormitories housing the Israeli Olympic team. The gunmen murdered a coach and a member of the weightlifting team, then took nine other Israelis hostage. The Palestinians demanded they be transported to the Munich airport where a rescue attempt by German police failed, and all nine hostages were murdered.

Last week, President Bush praised Abu Mazen as "a man dedicated to peace," indicating he would invite him to the White House for talks after his cabinet was installed. The Palestinian parliament meets today to confirm the new prime minister as head of a cabinet created under international pressure to curb Arafat's powers as president.

Shurat Hadin claims it has contacts within the Palestinian Authority itself who point out the hypocrisy of Abu Mazen's insistence he has never been involved terrorism.

The Israeli group also notes the mastermind of the Munich attack, Mohammed Daoud Oudeh, or Abu Daoud, claims Abu Mazen provided the funds to carry out the Black September attack.

Member of Black September in 1972 Munich Olympics attack

Daoud made that charge in his 1999 French language memoir, "Palestine: From Jerusalem to Munich," and again in an interview last August with Don Yaeger of Sports Illustrated magazine.

Abu Daoud said he was angered by the dozens of Palestinian terrorists allowed to return to the Palestinian territories as a result of the Oslo process while he remained persona non grata to Israel and the United States. Abu Mazen, Daoud complained, is now considered "respectable" even though he also was involved in the Munich attack.

Abu Mazen, part of the Palestinian hierarchy for nearly four decades, has served as PLO executive committee chairman.

In his book Abu Daoud states:

"After Oslo in 1993, Abu Mazen went to the White House Rose Garden for a photo op with Arafat, President Bill Clinton and Israel's Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres.
"Do you think that ... would have been possible if the Israelis had known that Abu Mazen was the financier of our operation? I doubt it."

In the Sports Illustrated interview, he added: "Today, the Bush Administration seeks a Palestinian negotiating partner 'uncompromised by terror,' yet last year Abu Mazen met in Washington with Secretary of State Colin Powell."

Daoud also was interviewed about the Munich massacre for a film called "One Day in September," produced by John Battsek and Arthur Cohn for Sony Pictures Classics. Director Kevin Macdonald said Abu Daoud admitted Black September was merely the cover name adopted by Fatah members when they wanted to carry out terrorist attacks.

The PLO operative recalled how Arafat and Abu Mazen both wished him luck and kissed him when he set about organizing the Munich attack.

The Shurat Hadin letter to President Bush said:

"Under your leadership the United States has declared that it will no longer conduct diplomacy with those tainted by terrorist pasts. It appears that the new Palestinian leader to which the United States and Israel are now pinning all their hopes, was also involved in murderous attacks perpetrated by the PLO's Black September. Abu Mazen's alleged role in the brutal killing of the Israeli athletes and American citizen David Berger must also preclude his involvement in the negotiations between Israel and their Arab neighbors."
Abu Mazen also has been criticized for a 1983 book in which he suggested the figure of 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust was "peddled" by the Jews. In "The Other Side: The Secret Relationship between Nazism and the Zionist Movement," he said the Zionists collaborated with the Nazis to murder Jews in a plot to gain sympathy for creation of the state of Israel.

Nevertheless, as one of the PLO architects of the Oslo Accords, Abu Mazen is regarded by Europe and the United States as the best hope to lead the Palestinians to renewed negotiations, known as the "road map" to peace.

His supporters also point to statements he has made against the Palestinian armed struggle, or Intifada, as evidence of his moderate credentials. However, analysts, such as the Middle East Media Research Institute contend his position has been primarily pragmatic, based on strategic reasons.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32292

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Got a few questions I hope you can answer. How much actual power will he hold as prime minister? How long will he hold this power, until the 3 year plan is fully implemented?

Says alot this is the best man the world could find........

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Got a few questions I hope you can answer. How much actual power will he hold as prime minister? How long will he hold this power, until the 3 year plan is fully implemented?

Says alot this is the best man the world could find........

Got me.. I am just a person that distrusts every politician that has ever lived.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
The German police have gotten much better since then. They have arrested 3 terrorists in the last few weeks alone, at least one who admitted to being a member of Al-Queeda in Public Bus "attacks" which were obviously and thankfully foiled.

Waging war on terrorists is long overdue, who's next? Hey Germany, feel like joining in yet? Your economy could use the boost...

"Got me.. I am just a person that distrusts every politician that has ever lived."

Sad but true, most people feel this way for good reason.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Haven't all PLO's masterminded or participated in terrorist attacks? I thought it was part of the initiation process.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Take a look at the NI situation. The power sharing executive (when its working) over there is composed of many with shady terrorist pasts. However, I would consider the NI peace process to be one of the most successful of its type ever.

So IMHO having a terrorist past does not automatically exclude you from participating in the politics of peace making. You may not like the man, or what they've done in the past - but as NI has shown sometimes bitter pills have to be swallowed to move forwards towards peace. Taking these steps is as hard if not harder to do than ordering any kind of military crackdown, which IMHO is why many similar situations have difficulty moving forward to this point.

Cheers,

Andy

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
Welcome to the Middle East. NO ONE has a pristine past.

I agree, Sharon has some skeleton's in his closet too, there no angels in that part of the world. I don't really expect them to be considering how terrible the situation is.