Approval rating question

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
How come when a president goes to war or a terrorist attack happens his approval rating skyrockets? Is the general public a flock of scared sheep?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
It's called uniting behind the leader for a common cause. The cause people unite for isn't always war but traditionally a nation's population will unite behind their leader to defeat the enemy.(then go back to their usual whining) It's been this way for many more years than the US has been a nation;)

CkG

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
It's sad and pathetic, really.

quite...

it's comforting to know we have people like CADkindaGUY who understand the reasoning behind the fact so well
rolleye.gif

yet blindly support the idiot - i mean leader anyway.

grrrr

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
How come when a president goes to war or a terrorist attack happens his approval rating skyrockets? Is the general public a flock of scared sheep?

I thought you took economics? Why don't you create an econometric model that quantifies 'rally effects' and figure this out for yourself? Oh, wait, I read through your economic theories in previous threads; never mind.

If you don't mind me asking, Fifer, where do you go to school?

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

I thought you took economics? Why don't you create an econometric model that quantifies 'rally effects' and figure this out for yourself? Oh, wait, I read through your economic theories in previous threads; never mind.

that use to be true back in 1940's and earlier but not now.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002

Public gets mixed up in supporting the country and supporting the administration.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: outriding
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

that use to be true back in 1940's and earlier but not now.

Show me your data, sir; I did my graduate thesis on the impact the economy has on presidential approval ratings, controlling for rally effects (using Mueller's model), and my dissertation incorporated some of this analysis...please substantiate your claims. Then again, if you are claiming that 'rally effects' are nonexistent in present data approval ratings, don't bother...your future posts are menial to me, if this is your assertion.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Show me your data, sir; I did my graduate thesis on the impact the economy has on presidential approval ratings, controlling for rally effects (using Mueller's model), and my dissertation incorporated some of this analysis...please substantiate your claims. Then again, if you are claiming that 'rally effects' are nonexistent in present data approval ratings, don't bother...your future posts are menial to me, if this is your assertion.

Just because you did a graduate paper on this does not mean you are right.
if "rally effects" are happening why does the economy still slipping ?

bush keeps cutting taxes trying to jump start the economy. if there is a "rally effect" he shouldn't need to cut taxes. right ?
the "rally effect" should have been going on now for 2 years but just now it has leveled aff at best.

Jan 12, 2003
You make no sense; think about what you just said and perhaps you'll see where your logic (or the lack thereof) fails you. Your posts are stupid and indicitive of...