Apples...Do you eat the core..POLL

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
i just watched my roomate devour an entire apple, core and all. i think that is really really odd.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
I dont.. but i know someone who does .. gross..

My mom used to tell me not to eat the seeds because an apple tree will grow in my belly

stateofbeasley

Jan 26, 2004
I just saw someone eat everything but the seeds and the stem. I don't think the core tastes all that good, but it's not that gross either.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Nope.

My roomate's grandpa eats the whole orange, peel and all. Apparently he picked it up in the Korean War.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
There is trace amounts of cyanide in the apple seeds. Maybe if you ate enough of them you would get a bad headache.

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Nope. My roomate's grandpa eats the whole orange, peel and all. Apparently he picked it up in the Korean War.

that is pretty interesting

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I eat around the core but never the core itself. As for the poster's uncle who eats the orange peel --- YUCK. Those taste disgusting. I love oranges but the peel is bitter and nasty. ;)

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: rudder
There is trace amounts of cyanide in the apple seeds. Maybe if you ate enough of them you would get a bad headache.
Yes, we should've all learned that from GI Joe cartoons from the early 80's. Remember that episode where the green blob was devouring everything in its path? They ended up throwing apples at it until they poisoned it to death. (wow, that's going waaaaaaaaaaay back.)

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Izzo
Originally posted by: rudder There is trace amounts of cyanide in the apple seeds. Maybe if you ate enough of them you would get a bad headache.
Yes, we should've all learned that from GI Joe cartoons from the early 80's. Remember that episode where the green blob was devouring everything in its path? They ended up throwing apples at it until they poisoned it to death. (wow, that's going waaaaaaaaaaay back.)

have you ever seen the gi-joe spoofs. where they dub over the knowing is half the battle stuff. it probably is the funniest thing i have seen ....

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
WOW..

Total Votes: 40

Yes 0 (votes) 0.00 (%)
No 40 (votes) 100.00 (%)
Core...was a terrible movie...(View results) 0 (votes) 0.00 (%)

bbrontosaurus

Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Izzo
Originally posted by: rudder

Holey crappers!!! I totally remember that episode!!

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
My cousin does. I mean, he eats the WHOLE apple. I saw him sit down with an apple, a bit later he walked into the kitchen with a stem. i asked where the core was... "Ate it"... And the seeds?? "They were in the core"... :confused:

Dude at EVERYTHING but the stem. I was like whoa.