Apple rebuffed by UK Courts over it's Samsung 'apology' - ordered to redo it soon

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by Phokus, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Mopetar

Mopetar Diamond Member

Yeah, that was one of the main arguments against such an approach, but most people voted that it should be that way. I guess there's no real rule against starting multiple threads, but the mods did say that they would merge/delete them if they got out of hand.

However, as you say since people just stopped posting as many legal threads as they had done previously, it's not as much of an issue.

2. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Thats pretty strong language from a UK Judge, they usually kind of hint that they are pissed off in these cases. Then again they take a dim view of people trying to follow the letter of a judgement not the spirit.

3. rbk123

rbk123 Senior member

14 days has nothing to do with Apples website management competence. They simply wanted to keep their smart-aleck response out there as long as possible so they gave it a shot. The judge saw through it immediately.

4. zaydq

zaydq Senior member

Companies don't stay profitable just because they have a huge cash reserve, they make money by selling profits, and if they believe another company is infringing on their patents, then the other company is essentially infringing on and hindering their "fair" revenue of providing a product and a service.

I'm not necessarily condoning Apple's lawsuits, all I'm saying is every company has a right to sue another company if they so deem it, leave it to the courts to decide whether that company is wrong.

May I also mention that if Apple inflicts a lawsuit on another company, and they lose, they have to pay an obscene amount of money for all the costs related to it? usually for both parties.

I'll also leave this here, I thought it was cute that it seems the vast majority find Samsung as innocent as a 4 year old girl.

5. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

well they've put up the new announcement and it seems very fair and to the point.

Looks like they couldn't resist at least a bit of shenanigans to hide the announcement though. :biggrin:

[​IMG]

Pic stolen from engadget post

6. Mopetar

Mopetar Diamond Member

That's pretty damn funny. I wonder if that's going to get complained about and thrown in front of a judge as well?

Also, they may as well have tried to be even more cheeky and just make it so that as you scroll down the page, it just keeps adding more white space so you can only get the bottom if you directly jump there. No idea if that's even possible, but it would be funny.

7. NikolaeVarius

Well apparently there actually is a bit of javascript so that it forces the browser to ALWAYS not show it on the default screen and it is always right off the screen

https://ssl.apple.com/v/home/n/scripts/hero_resize.js

This the piece of code

8. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

That's absurd. The judgement can be argued to be silly, but it is what it is and they need to just bite their tongue and quit being little bitches about it. They're starting to lose a little bit of face with the public now with all these stunts, as I'm starting to here people around the office talk about it who are not tech minded people at all.

9. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

That's hilarious! :)

10. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

someone shoudl email the UK court about that java bit

11. NikolaeVarius

They have

12. Bateluer

Bateluer Lifer

This company is pathetic. Quit being a whiny child and take the punishment like an adult.

13. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

Word.

14. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

15. Jodell88

Jodell88 Diamond Member

16. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer