Apple pulls out of India

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
If it's ain't fair for American jobs to be outsourced, then America loses its right to conduct business outside its shores.

You see, the essence of free trade is free movement of captial and labour from one location, business to another.

So far it has been easy to transfer capital, but not so for labour, however increasing advancement in transportation and communication (the internet) has finally freed labour from this contraint. Now you can't go around complaining when you enjoyed the benefits of free trade so far.

So if America cannot outsource jobs, it loses its moral right to outsource its capital and business and if that happens, it would be the fall of America.

BTW, I support the right of American companies to commit free trade in India as much as the right of Indians to be outsourced American jobs.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
I love this thread, it shows the America Haters clear as a bell. :thumbsup:

:confused:

Reason has abandoned you, my friend.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: asadasif

:laugh:

Tell me Asadasif,

Was that sarcasm on his part or just plain stupidity?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Braznor
If it's ain't fair for American jobs to be outsourced, then America loses its right to conduct business outside its shores.

You see, the essence of free trade is free movement of captial and labour from one location, business to another.

So far it has been easy to transfer capital, but not so for labour, however increasing advancement in transportation and communication (the internet) has finally freed labour from this contraint. Now you can't go around complaining when you enjoyed the benefits of free trade so far.

So if America cannot outsource jobs, it loses its moral right to outsource its capital and business and if that happens, it would be the fall of America.

BTW, I support the right of American companies to commit free trade in India as much as the right of Indians to be outsourced American jobs.

Good on all counts.

A Country that cannot provide for itself deserves not to be a Country.

firewall

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2001

Tell me Asadasif,

Why are you asking me? Can't form your own opinion? I think it's obvious enough.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

Good on all counts.

A Country that cannot provide for itself deserves not to be a Country.

Do you think India survives on outsourcing?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

Tell me Asadasif,

just plain stupidity. dmcowen believes that you hate america if you are not 100% against all forms of outsourcing.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

Tell me Asadasif,

Why are you asking me? Can't form your own opinion?

Jus asking after that brilliant response you provided to his post.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: alien42
just plain stupidity. dmcowen believes that you hate america if you are not 100% against all forms of outsourcing.

I think we just give him too much credit :D

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Hey, Braznor, this was never intended to be political. P&N is that way --->

This is about good business.

How many people have had Dells, but never bought another one because they hated the support? So if they saved $xxx on the support costs, but lost the same amount in business, did they save anything really?

Apple built a support center then dropped it a month after going online. No reasons given, but it seems pretty obvious that IT DIDN'T WORK FOR THEM. Whatever the reason.

But nobody here has suggested legislation. Because that same legislation would indeed be more harmful than good. You keep talking about "free trade" and all that good crap. Yet the US is the largest consumer of imported goods IN THE WORLD. That means that free trade is working quite well for the rest of the world too.

So please get off your high horse and read the actual discussion instead of trying to impose your personal political views on a business discussion.

Oh, and WWYBYWB?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Tell me Asadasif,

Not true. Simply if an "American" Company has all of it's jobs in India except for a few skeletal Corporate Headquarter positions then it is NOT an American Company.

They should be forced to give up it's American Corporate Charter and the Tax benefits that go along with it and be re- Incorporated as the Indian Company that it truly is.

You may call be a stupid Moronic Asshole American but I am American and for America.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001

Tell me Asadasif,

Not true. Simply if an "American" Company has all of it's jobs in India except for a few skeletal Corporate Headquarter positions then it is NOT an American Company.

They should be forced to give up it's American Corporate Charter and the Tax benefits that go along with it and be re- Incorporated as the Indian Company that it truly is.

You may call be a stupid Moronic Asshole American but I am American and for America.

DMC: I disagree with any legislation that would prevent outsourcing jobs. I think the market is showing that consumers DON'T like the concept. Businesses are realizing that on their own, slowly but surely.

However, I do believe that if a software product is coded in India, it should be subject to the same tariffs that a manufactured product would be subject to. Assuming there are any. A product is a product is a product. It might make better business sense to keep as much in the USA as possible while still letting companies outsource if it makes good sense.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: DurocShark

Tell me Asadasif,

DMC: I disagree with any legislation that would prevent outsourcing jobs. I think the market is showing that consumers DON'T like the concept. Businesses are realizing that on their own, slowly but surely.

However, I do believe that if a software product is coded in India, it should be subject to the same tariffs that a manufactured product would be subject to. Assuming there are any. A product is a product is a product. It might make better business sense to keep as much in the USA as possible while still letting companies outsource if it makes good sense.

So you like paying for India Compnaies masquarading as an American Company?

You're paying for Indian kids schooling as well as American kids schooling.

You're essentially paying for the demise of America for the sake of the bottom line for a few Corporate Thugs at the top. Congrats.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

Tell me Asadasif,

that is not what you have said in the past. this is a quote from you:

"I firmly believe that any so called "American" Company that cannot survive using American resources does not only A) not belong in business but B) certainly has no business calling itself an American Company."

that is not the same as what you just stated. you have lambasted me in the past for supporting the corporation i work for outsourcing our level one support to the philippines, yet over half to two thirds of our employees are in the states.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
So you like paying for India Compnaies masquarading as an American Company?

You're paying for Indian kids schooling as well as American kids schooling.

You're essentially paying for the demise of America for the sake of the bottom line for a few Corporate Thugs at the top. Congrats.

Not at all. I just think legislation is unnecessary. Companies are already discovering there's ultimately no benefit to having call centers in India. And even cars from "American" companies that are built overseas are subject to tariffs, such as Saabs, so I just think those rules should apply, and let the companies sort themselves out.

We have enough stupid laws. We don't need more that will ultimately serve no purpose than to make us look even more stupid.

Do I like outsourcing? No. My chosen career is help desk, and that means I'm in a career that is high risk to be outsourced. But legislation isn't it. We as consumers need to make our feelings known. If we keep buying $300 computers, we need to realize that to make the price that low there's a good chance the company is cutting its cost somewhere.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Tell me Asadasif,

"I firmly believe that any so called "American" Company that cannot survive using American resources does not only A) not belong in business but B) certainly has no business calling itself an American Company."

that is not the same as what you just stated. you have lambasted me in the past for supporting the corporation i work for outsourcing our level one support to the philippines, yet over half to two thirds of our employees are in the states.

Awwwwwww :heart: you too.

Your Company is on the verge of no longer being an American Company and both you and your Company know it.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

Tell me Asadasif,

Awwwwwww :heart: you too.

Your Company is on the verge of no longer being an American Company and both you and your Company know it.

that makes no sense. all executives, finance, marketing, administration, upper lvl support and most investors are american. we are an american company and that is not going to change.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

How many people have had Dells, but never bought another one because they hated the support? So if they saved $xxx on the support costs, but lost the same amount in business, did they save anything really?

Apple built a support center then dropped it a month after going online. No reasons given, but it seems pretty obvious that IT DIDN'T WORK FOR THEM. Whatever the reason.

But nobody here has suggested legislation. Because that same legislation would indeed be more harmful than good. You keep talking about "free trade" and all that good crap. Yet the US is the largest consumer of imported goods IN THE WORLD. That means that free trade is working quite well for the rest of the world too.

So please get off your high horse and read the actual discussion instead of trying to impose your personal political views on a business discussion.

Oh, and WWYBYWB?

This thread has P&N written all over it, not my fault if you did not create it there in the first place. I never argued on the point of support costs or dell losing business, its dell problem and not mine.

30 people is not a support center for Apple and Apple was never known to make the soundest of businesses in history. Yes, America imports a lot and that's not something we need to be grateful to America for, neither do we need to feel grateful to America for outsourcing jobs. Its is business, pure and simple. There is no gratitude in free trade.

You imposed your personal values over this issue by creating this thread. I'am just defending business. I would not object if Indian companies hire Americans. You, on the other hand, gloated over Apple firing Indian employees.

As for WWYBYWB, you would not believe, but I never been banned before.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

Since you have a latent disability in understanding commerce, let me explain this to you. It is irrelevant where a company is based or who it employees. So long the majority of its shareholders are Americans, it is an American company.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001

Oh, and WWYBYWB?

This thread has P&N written all over it, not my fault if you did not create it there in the first place. I never argued on the point of support costs or dell losing business, its dell problem and not mine.

30 people is not a support center for Apple and Apple was never known to make the soundest of businesses in history. Yes, America imports a lot and that's not something we need to be grateful to America for, neither do we need to feel grateful to America for outsourcing jobs. Its is business, pure and simple. There is no gratitude in free trade.

You imposed your personal values over this issue by creating this thread. I'am just defending business. I would not object if Indian companies hire Americans. You, on the other hand, gloated over Apple firing Indian employees.

As for WWYBYWB, you would not believe, but I never been banned before.

That's enough out of you Dell monkey. Answer your phone, my Dell is busted and I can't download my porn! And I better not hear an accent!