APPLE people actually do think different.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
You're criticizing these guys? Look at yourselves! No wonder I don't visit here often...

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
lol @ M4H's posts.

Man that guy my58vw seems a right w@nker. The guy was just happy about his upgrade and it worked. If he can't take a guy gloating on a dam forum what the hell is he like in real life? Penis envy?!

Lots of people have more stuff. You just live with it.

Sure like notfred's friends car :D

Koing

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: hjo3
OMG, who would brag about 1.25 GHz? That's pathetic...

EDIT: Oh, 1.4 GHz. Whatever, that's still nothing. Mac users suck.

It's not your clockspeed, it's how you use it. People getting into clockspeed wars look pretty stupid IMHO as a hardware engineer (in training at least). I blame Intel for encouraging that kind of stupid thinking.
It's even less of how you use it(at least in regards to enduser, if you meant in a programming aspect then I agree) than it is specific CPU design and perhaps just as importantly, supporting systems(FSB, etc).

Intel is evil for this reason. It is unfortunate that they force AMD to compete with numbers.

AMD needs to FIRE their current marketing department, and reinvent the wheel. They need to find a way to educate the masses about clockspeed.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli

It's not your clockspeed, it's how you use it. People getting into clockspeed wars look pretty stupid IMHO as a hardware engineer (in training at least). I blame Intel for encouraging that kind of stupid thinking.
It's even less of how you use it(at least in regards to enduser, if you meant in a programming aspect then I agree) than it is specific CPU design and perhaps just as importantly, supporting systems(FSB, etc).

Intel is evil for this reason. It is unfortunate that they force AMD to compete with numbers.

AMD needs to FIRE their current marketing department, and reinvent the wheel. They need to find a way to educate the masses about clockspeed.
Nope, it's very unlikely to be something the masses would ever understand.

I don't agree with Intel's clock-scaling ploys, but ironically, it was the logical result of AMD winning the first to 1 GHz race.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli

Good luck. The masses are ignorant of such matters and are perfectly happy to remain so. Intel has cool commercials and, Dell uses them so they're the only chip maker in the world
rolleye.gif

For the record the running total at my house is Intel:3 AMD:0 but as a consumer, if nothing else, I'd like to see AMD be competitive because it's just good for everyone.