Apple Mac Pro 2.8Ghz 8-Core/2GB/320GB MA970LL for $2649 AR @ Amazon Free S/H

JohnDoeZero18

Banned
Apr 12, 2008
I was searching for the Mac Pro 2 Dual-Core (8 Core) 2.8 Ghz to be used for Video Editing/production and the best I found was the deal at Amazon with $150 rebate Free Shipping and no tax. Amazon also has Rebates on other Mac products as well.

Two 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Xeon processors with dual-independent 1600 MHz front side buses
2 GB RAM expandable up to 32 GB, 320 GB hard drive, 16x Double-Layer SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (Two dual-link DVI)
Two FireWire 800 ports, two FireWire 400 ports, five USB 2.0 ports, and two USB 2.0 ports on keyboard
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools), iLife '08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand)

Link

MacMall has this for $50 less but the reseller rating is pretty bad so I'm thinking best to get it from Amazon.

If anyone knows where to get a better deal then I'm all ears.

MiataPaul

Mar 20, 2003
Actually looks like a very good deal if I could afford one I would get it! Those who do not understand and do not need it will always boo hoo the price of the Macs but in reality with the quality of parts they use you would be hard pressed to build one for the price. I am building a Hackintosh with q6600 but if I had the cash this is what would be under my desk. Mac Mall is good from the little I have dealt with them. They had a deal on Wacom stylus pads that were supposed to be "refurbished" but were brand new in the box. I would also check out B&H photo as they often have some good offers. You will want a bunch more ram in that thing though, but no reason to pay Apple for that.

Apple has a similar refurbished for 2399 and one with a 3.0 processor but lighter video card:
Refurbished Mac Pro 8-core 3.0GHz Intel Xeon
Two 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors
1GB (2 x 512MB) memory (667MHz DDR2 fully-buffered DIMM ECC)
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7200-rpm hard drive
16x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics with 256MB memory
Learn More
Price: $2,499.00

Estimated Ship:
Within 24 hours
Free Shipping

bradbowl

Mar 28, 2004
I believe Fry's/Outpost.com were selling this computer for a bit more but with a 22" Samsung LCD. 8 core tower of power goodness.