Apple Ipod 5gig

NeBaWONG

Mar 12, 2002
Anyone know if the windows version of the 5gig Ipod comes with a control or not? Looking at Dell's picture of the 5gig... a control is not shown, but the 10 and 20 gig versions have a picture of a control. I would consider getting the 5gig version, but if it doesnt have a control then i might as well get the 10 gig.

icantiwont

Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: NeBaWONG
Anyone know if the windows version of the 5gig Ipod comes with a control or not? Looking at Dell's picture of the 5gig... a control is not shown, but the 10 and 20 gig versions have a picture of a control. I would consider getting the 5gig version, but if it doesnt have a control then i might as well get the 10 gig.

No remote for the 5GB version. It comes with the 10GB and the 20GB version. I find the remote to be somewhat useful.

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
New ipods (updated 20G) new 30G and 40G rumored to come out tomorrow. New features: Firewire2 and who knows what else

FishTankX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2001
I don't understand why Apple doesn't build an LCD remote! It would be a massive benefit. Minidisc and CD's have had this technology for atleast 3 years! It can't be that hard. Some minidisc units 8 years old have LCD remote's for pete's sake!

FishTankX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2001
Well, whatever you call them. The remotes that can display text, battery status information, current volume level, the name of the song etc..

Sony, Panasonic and sharp have had them for *years*.

NeBaWONG

Mar 12, 2002
Originally posted by: RichieZ
New ipods (updated 20G) new 30G and 40G rumored to come out tomorrow. New features: Firewire2 and who knows what else

Tommorrow as in the next month or so or actually tommorrow? Wonder if this will make the prices drop on the rest....

Spyro

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: icantiwont
Originally posted by: NeBaWONG

No remote for the 5GB version. It comes with the 10GB and the 20GB version. I find the remote to be somewhat useful.

That sucks, I don't see why it doesn't. Not everybody wants to shell out the extra cash just for a remote if they don't need to.