Apple Genius Bar repair ripoff.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sanjeetdhankhar

Jan 26, 2019
If you want to repair your apple laptops or other things then their official repair branches are the best choose for you. when you go to a local laptop repair, he will pick out the original parts of your laptop and replace them with duplicate products.
so please always go to office repair centers

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
If you want to repair your apple laptops or other things then their official repair branches are the best choose for you. when you go to a local laptop repair, he will pick out the original parts of your laptop and replace them with duplicate products.
so please always go to office repair centers

this thread is bs every place wants to make money, apple does tons of repairs for free. Maybe they do it by the look of the person? i dont know but if you go to a 3rd party "office repair center" you think they are going to replace any parts or fix anything for free? really? Maybe the paid by the hour employee would but then they would get fired or replaced by someone that actually makes sales. If you get your screen replaced at a 3rd party place they charge MORE and use Substandard parts that will defiantly not be as good as original.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
this thread is bs every place wants to make money, apple does tons of repairs for free. Maybe they do it by the look of the person? i dont know but if you go to a 3rd party "office repair center" you think they are going to replace any parts or fix anything for free? really? Maybe the paid by the hour employee would but then they would get fired or replaced by someone that actually makes sales. If you get your screen replaced at a 3rd party place they charge MORE and use Substandard parts that will defiantly not be as good as original.

Stupid comparison. The 3rd party isn't the actual manufacturer of said product. They also don't have massive quantities of parts at rock bottom prices because they are purchased or manufactured in mass quantities. A 3rd party has to purchase parts and pay for their labor. Apple already has your money from the profit margins (which are high) on the item they sold you. Not saying they should pay for all things repair, but doing a bunch of free repairs on their product doesn't really make them saints.

And wow, the whole "maybe they do it by the look of the person".... lol

Anyways, your argument is a bit stupid.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Stupid comparison. The 3rd party isn't the actual manufacturer of said product. They also don't have massive quantities of parts at rock bottom prices because they are purchased or manufactured in mass quantities. A 3rd party has to purchase parts and pay for their labor. Apple already has your money from the profit margins (which are high) on the item they sold you. Not saying they should pay for all things repair, but doing a bunch of free repairs on their product doesn't really make them saints.

And wow, the whole "maybe they do it by the look of the person".... lol

Anyways, your argument is a bit stupid.

So you dont think its the persons call anywhere to give repairs for free? its a robot that decides in the back? If something doesn't sound right (over priced repair) people are welcome to find a new place to repair the item but i feel like i should have started with apple store but instead i got quotes from 10 other places before one of them told me "hey why dont you just go to the apple store they charge 128? worst case scenario" Boy o boy was i happy with that guy!@ SF Mobile repair (quoted 200 for their same repair with lesser quality parts)

what am i suppose to compare the apple store to? the toshiba store?????????? /puzzled

Feb 4, 2009
Apple store visits used to be such great experiences even for a anti apple guy like me
Now they are hellish events that should be avoided whenever possible.

Suggestions for apple:
Less play space, focus on the important stuff. Kids screwing around with some Bluetooth enabled remote ball does not generate substantial sales and takes up a lot of floor space
Less accessory crap, waaaay too much present. Focus on the stuff that moves. When accessories become so numerous nobody working there knows anything about them it’s time to trim
Better queue management
Cut down on the display tables, again focus on the important stuff
Section off the Genius Bar & warrentee service areas. These are stressful situations for consumers they should be quiet and calm environments

Reactions: ZGR