Apple Cinema HD Display

AtomW

Jan 6, 2003
Does anyone know if the Apple Cinema HD Display will work on a PC? I know that the thing comes with a 15-pin VGA connector and I seem to remember that they WILL interface, but I can't find any info on the subject. I use an ATI AIW 8500DV, by the way.

If not, does anyone know of a HUGE LCD that rivals the Apple Cinema HD in visual quality and clarity?:confused:

Doh!

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Samsung has couple models resembling Apple's Display but I don't think any of them is available for sale in the U.S. yet.

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AtomW
Does anyone know if the Apple Cinema HD Display will work on a PC? I know that the thing comes with a 15-pin VGA connector and I seem to remember that they WILL interface, but I can't find any info on the subject. I use an ATI AIW 8500DV, by the way.

If not, does anyone know of a HUGE LCD that rivals the Apple Cinema HD in visual quality and clarity?:confused:

There is an adapter made by a company called "Dr. Bott" I believe that will allow to hook up the Apple display's ADC connector to a standard DVI video card.

Ah ha, here it is... picture of DViator

Otherwise, I'd look at Samsung's or Viewsonic's wide screen displays :)

Batistuta

Feb 22, 2002
Apple makes a connector themselves (~100$) - hook up DVI,USB and power on one side - ADC (to screen) goes out on the other.

B.

BMW330ci

Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: AtomW

Yes, it will work. You may have to tweak the resolution (Apple 20" Cinema, not sure about the other models) with PowerStrip in order to use it at the optimum resolution. A person on MACNN.COM posted his results using the Apple 20" and Windows XP.