apparently there was class division in zucotti park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
That was interesting. Elite vs ghetto. Rich vs poor. Even they can't escape it. I'm sure the elite were making all the right decisions.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I think some people are taking that Daily Show story a little too seriously...
That's the main news source for young people if I remember correctly, so yeah, they take it pretty seriously. No excuse for anyone old enough to drive, but what can you do?

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
It's meant as humor.

I think some people are taking #ows a bit too seriously.

It is humor but it does point out the reality of things. Humans behave in predictable fashion when you group enough of them together in one place.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Humans gonna govern and divide.

This stands as another bit of evidence at a common ancestor, primates do the same thing.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Humans gonna govern and divide.

This stands as another bit of evidence at a common ancestor, primates do the same thing.

That has to be a lie because so many animal activists have told me only humans war.... lol I'm just fucking around.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
The funny part is how they can't escape the reality of differences within their own groups that eventually leads to division. No matter how idealistic their ideas are they all end up in the same rut they are railing against....aka some people being more equal then others. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
The funny part is how they can't escape the reality of differences within their own groups that eventually leads to division. No matter how idealistic their ideas are they all end up in the same rut they are railing against....aka some people being more equal then others. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

it's all TAX THE RICH TAX THE RICH until someone defines rich as owning an iPad.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
That has to be a lie because so many animal activists have told me only humans war.... lol I'm just fucking around.

Yea check out lion infanticide. When a male lion overtakes a pride from a lesser male lion, they will kill all the cubs.

Humans are able to be organized on much larger levels though due to the technology that we develop allowing for the division of labor, and governments are able to direct economic resources towards war spending as well, making large scale efforts possible.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Wait what?

I thought that the Daily Show was a left wing propaganda show run by people whose primary goal is to push the liberal agenda rather than a news show satire that takes potshots at dumb behavior by people in the news. Damnit!

Some behaviors by people at the Occupy movements are ripe for satire.

Rather than getting your hackles up over it be thankful that The Half-hour News Hour failed in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.