Apparently, on average, the more red your state is, the more fat you probably are

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
tgewcr4g1d451.jpg

Red States are a big reason why our health insurance costs so god damned much.

Also, anyone notice that Republicans don't give a shit about their own health and the overall health of the country? They think Covid19 is a hoax/they shouldn't have to wear a mask because MUH FREEDOM, they hated Michelle Obama's initiative to make school lunches healthy so our kids won't be fat fucks.

We need to bring back the high school fitness program that JFK introduced:

Of course, i'm sure republicans would yell and scream aobut how it's "THEIR RIGHT" to raise fat fuck kids who will die in their 50's.

We received a complaint that this is a "low effort troll thread." It most certainly can be viewed that way, so my best advice is to treat it as such. You will also find more substantive answers that link poverty and obeisity, poverty and red states, and red states and obeisity. The data is there, but as allisolm correctly pointed out, correlation is not causation.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
It will probably also correlate with median wage in the state. Poorer communities have less access to healthy food (or the money to purchase it)

Reactions: Ken g6
Nov 8, 2012
Correlation does not equal causation.

This.

It could literally be that all of the people that are fat in the red states are the 40%+ that vote democrat.

That and just taking a quick eye at it right now - A lot of those red states that ARE lower in obesity are also states that are much more north.

Could have some kind of correlation to it being weather-based where hotter areas are fatter than colder.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You only posted this because you needed to find a way to fat shame and say republicans are fat, right?

Reactions: boomerang

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
OP: we should bring back fitness programs for the health of our children

Fat angry fucks in this thread: WAHHHH MEAN LIBERALS :mad:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
You know what the first multi-syllable word taught in most red states schools is?

Diabetes.

lol!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We received a complaint that this is a "low effort troll thread." It most certainly can be viewed that way, so my best advice is to treat it as such. You will also find more substantive answers that link poverty and obeisity, poverty and red states, and red states and obeisity. The data is there, but as allisolm correctly pointed out, correlation is not causation.

Perknose
Forum Director

Reactions: pcgeek11

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I especially like your deft touch at the end. :p

Ya know, it's one of those words that when I type it, certain fingers go faster than others and I ALWAYS get it wrong. I sometimes leave it for comedic emphasis :)

Feb 4, 2009

Perknose
Forum Director

How about States Average IQ as shown in this previous thread?

The sole venues for petitioning the mods are Mod Discussions and Reported Posts. We . . . "tolerate" pms, but they should be addressed to both FDs at the very least. Please follow this protocol going forward.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Obesity is pretty strongly correlated with poverty. Red states are generally poorer than blue states so it makes sense their obesity rates would be higher.

Is it going to be a direct link with wealth/income or is it more about education-level?
I don't think the OP's correlation is really all that meaningful. Too many other factors in there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Is it going to be a direct link with wealth/income or is it more about education-level?
I don't think the OP's correlation is really all that meaningful. Too many other factors in there.
If I remember correctly it’s related to both income and education, broadly being the more educated/rich you are the less fat you tend to be.