Apparently I found out what was causing my computer to crash.

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
So I made a thread last week or so thinking it was a ram problem that is causing my computer to lock up and crash. I was partially correct.

Wasn't the hard-drive or the SSD.

It is because of a service called Nvidia Streamer Service. I was playing a game when I noticed some significant sounds and slow downs. I knew something was going on so I immediately went into task manager.
Behold my surprise when I saw a process that is eating up much more memory than the game I was playing itself! I saw my ram was being fully used and at that point, I knew it was being overloaded.

I went on Google and found out that some other people had this issue too.

I will be keeping an eye on my computer and see if anything starts to come up. Right now however, I am starting to think that Nvidia streaming service is the main culprit.

Link to my previous thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2378438

Last edited:

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
I don't mean any offense, but once again, a problem with a computer is caused by crappy software that shouldn't even be running.

Honestly, people, disable EVERYTHING that's autorunning on your computer. Not just what you don't think you need, I mean EVERYTHING.

And then enable just the things that you need for the keyboard shortcuts and your soundcard driver or whatever.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Honestly, people, disable EVERYTHING that's autorunning on your computer. Not just what you don't think you need, I mean EVERYTHING.

Nah, I like what I have running.

Untitled.png

NewYorksFinest

Mar 27, 2014
I don't mean any offense, but once again, a problem with a computer is caused by crappy software that shouldn't even be running.

And then enable just the things that you need for the keyboard shortcuts and your soundcard driver or whatever.

Disable EVERYTHING?? You want the OP to disable the anti-virus software while browsing the internet? Not smart :rolleyes:...

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
Disable EVERYTHING?? You want the OP to disable the anti-virus software while browsing the internet? Not smart :rolleyes:...
I do.

And then enable the services related to the anti-virus that are relevant.

That's the only smart thing to do. Antivirus often have services and processes that bog down the computer and are not needed in the slightest. Like email protection often isn't. Web protection is often redundant, and many antivirus have active web-altering services that are usually a huge pain in the ass and not needed or wanted.

Honestly, just do as I say and don't question me. I know best.